Working With Women...Working Women

BettyDraper
I hate it...

They're like little girls in high school. They'll pick on you if you're prettier, smarter, etc. They form cliques.

Men don't get it. They'll be like "she's ok" and I'm like "dude, she's ok with you cuz you're not a woman...geesh":rolleyes:

Worst when they're in positions of power (managers, supervisors). Then you got a Queen Bee who thinks every other thing with a vagina is in competition with her.

I've gotten to the point where I dress down, and/or hide my skills, abilities, etc. to see if I can deflect them to focusing on another target for their angst.

Oh, and I've worked in situations with a mix of maie-femaie. So, you don't have to have a majority of females to have female pettiness and drama.

Bolded for emphasis. Almost every woman who has made my life hard at work has been obese or generally unattractive. They were also not enjoying the single life. These types always dressed poorly and loved to look me up and down.

It depends on the professionalism of the office. I work with a lot of women and it's fine. I actually prefer working with the majority of the women I do work with. But I make sure I hire professional women as well as men.

I will say, working with a lot of male executives, hands down they are the worst on gossiping, backstabbing, etc. Men care far more about what is happening in the bedrooms of others than any woman I know.

I am an executive so there could be a different dynamic at other levels that I would not be privy to. Obviously what is said to me can be edited because of my position.

I do work with some amazing smart, brilliant, fun, professional and wonderfully challenging women. I have been blessed to have been able to cross paths with them and learn something new every day.

• 2 weeks later...
What does feel like working in an office full of women?

I'll soon be working in an office full of women and am curious what to expect. I was told that the women in this office chose me out of candidates to work in this office.

Every environment is different, but I worked in the male dominated film industry for more than 5 years and tell you that I positively DRAINED by the end. The men were utterly clueless, wanted to act like the boss but FAILED to deliver and do the work, I did. On top of that, the jealousy I'd get for having talent and being the best person on the team resulted in these men trying to take it all away, it was HORRIBLE. The guys offered zero support, always wanted MOMMY, or someone to screw and were pretty selfish.