The one that got away

Joshh93

Every time I have the slighest urge to peek into that place, I come back to this thread. My ex and I have each other blocked, but I have another source that can get me in. But nothing good will come of it. Nothing. And, you're right. It just makes you feel like sh*t, and it will ruin the progress that I am slowly making.

whichwayisup is right. NO good can come of it. Stear clear!

Thanks for providing some strength.

• Like 1

Reckon we all do that. It's like we have to keep pressing that wound, no matter how it hurts. I fell into that trap many times with a previous ex and it had to reach a point of serious pain before I was able to totally stop cyber stalking her throughout social media. I can't even explain why I did it, why I kept doing it. I knew how much it hurt, yet I kept doing it. Just try to remind yourself that nothing good will come of looking. Ever.

• Like 1

Most of us have gone through that at some point, don't beat yourself up about it. If you're missing someone, it's only natural that you resort to social media to "know about them". However, the truth is you cannot know anything, because social media is basically a window display, but we all know that mannequins are not the real thing; they have lots of little pins in the back so the dress looks tight and nice. Have you ever seen a FB or IG picture of someone sitting on their couch, with a blank look in their face and the caption: "Missing my ex like crazy. I wanna die"? Me neither.

Edited by keiji
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Author

So my ex called last night for the first time since our break up like 4 months ago the conversation went exactly like this:

Me. "Hello"

Ex. "I hate you"

Me. "Who is this? "

I knew it was her before i answered. But does this mean anything what should i make of it? Did i handle it in a good way?

PegNosePete

It means she hates you.

You handled it fine. Next time she calls, don't answer.

• Like 3

What was the rest of the conversation? Who hung up on whom? Not that it matters I am just being nosey.

• Like 1

It also means that she's not ready to behave like a grown-up. I could understand one of those incredibly long e-mails exposing how nasty you were, etc, but this? It's childish to say the least.

• Author
What was the rest of the conversation? Who hung up on whom? Not that it matters I am just being nosey.

That was the whole coversation and she hung up after i asked who is this.

• Author

I understand that she hates me but why 4 months later with no contact from either would she call just to tell me? Thats what has me confused.

Im not sure if ill answer next id like to say no but knowing me its 50/50 im also not sure if there will even be a next time.

Oh yes it seemed very childish.

Then of course she hates you.. Because you are still in her head.

It's easy to give you advises, but you haven't given any info on how attached you've been to that relationship.

I would advise to answer, be totally cool and indifferent to any reconciliation thoughts -if any- or meeting.

However, I cannot really lead by example in such a situation.. haha

Happenstousall

Well it sure as hell isn't a breadcrumb!

I dunno your story so have no idea if she's justified in hating you.

If not, it's just a shame you didn't get a chance to tell her where to go!

Forget it, block her number and don't get sucked in.

• Author
Then of course she hates you.. Because you are still in her head.

It's easy to give you advises, but you haven't given any info on how attached you've been to that relationship.

I would advise to answer, be totally cool and indifferent to any reconciliation thoughts -if any- or meeting.

However, I cannot really lead by example in such a situation.. haha

Im definitely not over her and still miss her dearly but i have no intentions of getting back together. I think my plan is to answer if calls but pretend like i dont know whos calling me so she has to initiate the conversation and tell me why shes calling. Is a good or bad idea? Or if she does call again should i just bluntly ask why are you calling me?

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix
Im definitely not over her and still miss her dearly but i have no intentions of getting back together. I think my plan is to answer if calls but pretend like i dont know whos calling me so she has to initiate the conversation and tell me why shes calling. Is a good or bad idea? Or if she does call again should i just bluntly ask why are you calling me?

I think you should let it go to voicemail and not have pointless conversations with your ex. Stop trying to play games.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well it sure as hell isn't a breadcrumb!

I dunno your story so have no idea if she's justified in hating you.

If not, it's just a shame you didn't get a chance to tell her where to go!

Forget it, block her number and don't get sucked in.

Shes not justified in hating me atleast i think so if anything i should hate her shes done some very messed up things to me pre/post break up.

• Author
I think you should let it go to voicemail and not have pointless conversations with your ex. Stop trying to play games.

I know i shouldnt play games i think voicemail is a good option.

Simon Phoenix
I know i shouldnt play games i think voicemail is a good option.

The best option is to block her from contacting you entirely, but I'm guessing you'd react badly to that advice.

• Author
Why is that? What happened?

Just whole a lot of things big ones being filing false reports to the police. Another one being she would never take responsibility for things and blame me for everything and shes just immature but i should have known that.

• Author
The best option is to block her from contacting you entirely, but I'm guessing you'd react badly to that advice.

No im open to all advice. I just for some reason can't bring myself to block her.

There is a very good chance she expected you to chase her after the break. Having not done that after four months she is upset angry and disappointed her plan didn't work. It's a common tool used by immature women(girls, not women)

• Like 1
  • Author
There is a very good chance she expected you to chase her after the break. Having not done that after four months she is upset angry and disappointed her plan didn't work. It's a common tool used by immature women(girls, not women)

I highly doubt thats the case not with the way she handled things after the break up