Your Favourite 'Revenge on Your Ex' Stories

Did you ever take revenge on an ex in a really clever and inventive way?

I'm sure we've all had bad breakups but did you ever have one so bad that it pushed you past breaking point? If you ever decided to get sweet, sweet vengeance on your ex-partner, then tell us all about it! The more hilarious/fiendish the better.

Did it work? How did they react? Did you regret it? Tell us!

Disclaimer: this isn't a particularly healthy way of getting over a breakup and is NOT recommended.

No, never. I've had lasting anger and even temporary hate. But I've always preferred to let it run it's course than allow it to fester long enough to have revenge.

Life's too short to hang on to this stuff.

• Like 1
lilmissjava

Sent the di** pic my ex sent me to his gf when they were on a "break"

I didn't and don't regret it. She took him back an hour later.

:laugh:

• Like 3

well ,

one time i requested to get back all the gifts I gave to an ex who dumped me .

I sold the gold pieces ;upgraded my car to a convertible a BMW with the money !

I attached the gadgets to the back of the car by a rope ,

And made sure to be seen in her neighborhood with a friend she hates ; I even let her drive !

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

Nah, never bothered with this. It would have reflected a lot worse on me than any ex, making me look like a crazy ex-girlfriend who can't let go.

• Like 2

In college I was seeing a woman who left me to go back to her exBF. She seemed so sweet and nice that I never saw it coming. Six months later he dumps her an she comes back around. She wanted to go out again and kept calling. She basically invited herself over to my apartment one Saturday night so I cooked a nice dinner, casually avoided her advances then took her out for drinks. She looked surprised because she planned on a romantic evening in. After drinks we walked back to my apartment, I opened the door, turned kissed her, said goodnight and closed the door. The look on her face was priceless!!!

No one is that good that I will take them back after they dump me for someone else!!!

• Like 4

I broke into her car and left the inside light on.

Battery flat.

That showed her!

Or did it?

• Like 6

Not revenge as such, he just really annoyed me one day. We worked in the same office and I sneaked back in after office hours and unplugged everything on his desk. I was so tempted to unplug the mains so he would lose his work but I didn't... I think I jumbled up the cables though to annoy him. And threw away the easter egg I had bought him. That must have pissed him off for a good half an hour first thing in the morning, especially when I walked past his desk like nothing had happened :laugh:

• Like 2

Not revenge either, but some of them have come back and I recall one I was crazy about. Took many months to get over the fact she ended it quickly as she didn't feel the same. I met up with her around 6 months later and she was that same charming sweet person I first met, but I now knew the real person and so was prepared for everything. We caught up over a coffee, talked about hanging out and it was clear she was pushing towards a second chance. Too late love, you'd pushed me away and I'd got over you. I politely told her no, but it would be nice for us to be friends, but nothing more. She was clearly down about it, said she'd call but never heard from her again. So not revenge as such, but definitely sweet justice and I finally felt in control.

• Like 1

Not the best revenge story but just about all I have.

My girlfriend of 8 years left for her mothers for a "few days" to think about things (years later I found out she cheated on me during that time). That few days turned into 2 weeks. She nor I never talked to each other during those two weeks. Finally she called me. All I said was when are you going to move your stuff out? I think she was caught off guard. She said this week.

The next day I get home from work and half my apartment is missing. She took everything she could fit in her car - actually my car I was letting her use. Things that were NOT hers that were purchased with MY money. My friend came by and gave me a new lock to put on the apartment door. Legally I couldn't do that but I knew the apartment manager really well and she knew what was going on.

The next day she came back for the rest. Unfortunately she couldn't get in. She complained to the apartment manager but she said she couldn't do anything. So she ended up driving all the way back home - 3 hour round trip for nothing. Priceless. She was forced to call and setup an appointment with me to get the rest of her stuff and negotiated the return of other stuff.

I later told her I would give her the car if she would get her own plates and get mine off the car. I met at my parents house to sign over the title. At that point now she is asking for money AND the car. I said no way but she insisted. I said not only do you NOT get any money you don't get the car now either. Shocked - she said just let me get my stuff out. As she walked to the car I followed close behind. She got in - pretended like she was gathering her stuff then she quickly closed the car door. I tried to stop her from starting it but she tried to bite me, grabbed a screw driver and tried to stab me and when I backed away she threw it at me. She started the car and took off.

Now I call the police and tell them what is going on. We go to her moms house where she hid the car in the garage. The police were going to arrest her. Still having feelings for her and feeling bad (had I known she cheated on me I would have had her arrested) I agreed to give her a small amount of money and signed the car over to her - on the agreement she would get her own plates.

Weeks later she is still driving around with my plates. I drive an hour and a half to her place of employment. She was a workout instructor for Womans Workout World. I call the police and they go inside and pull her out of her class. Quite embarrassing. I finally get the plates. Quite a lot of hassle for someone who LEFT ME and CHEATED ON ME.

A couple years later I get a letter in the mail from her attorney asking me to remove her from an auto loan she co-signed years back (my new car) because she couldn't get another car loan until she was removed. It was a threatening letter. I threw it away.

Edited by SSJROMANCE
  • Like 2

I have gotten revenge a few times, but I really can't go into details as much as I'd like for the sake of anonymity. Cheating, borrowing money and abusive/neglectful behaviors seemed to really set me off.

One thing I did was slightly expensive, but worth it. I had a cheating, alcoholic sociopath for a boyfriend for too long. I moved 1400 miles away after we broke up. Years later, I did a weekend trip out there. I got a rental car and a burner phone. I lurked outside the bar he drank at 10 hours a day. When he came out to leave, before he had got out of the parking lot, I was on the phone with the police department, detailing an erratic driver. I followed him a couple of blocks back. I saw the police pull him over. I then went around the block, cut through a couple of yards and hid myself as close as I could get. I watched him get arrested for no drivers license, suspended drivers license, DUI and resisting arrest.

It damaged him financially and was a gift that kept giving. This particular state also notifies drinking establishments when a patron is arrested. This was before bartenders could get in trouble directly. But, after that his favorite bar refused to serve him and the police in this smaller town had him in their sights. He was not allowed to drive for health reasons. They knew his car. I don't know how many times he was pulled over before he gave up. This was years ago, but I think his car insurance was almost $200 a month. Eventually he quit paying it. Which caused more tickets and fines. The judge finally told him, one more time and he was going to get X Number of days in jail with no chance for early release.

I was really hoping he would test it. He was an addict - alcohol and cigarettes. He would have had to detox in jail, probably a jail hospital ward since he did have other health problems.

This jaunt did cost me almost $1000 for plane fare, car rental, cell phone and hotel stay. Nobody ever knew it was me, since I didn't contact anyone I ever knew from that time and I stayed in a hotel 60 miles away.

My attitude for revenge is that it can be healthy. When I have gotten revenge, it is because the people have done more than just broken my heart, they've tried to destroy me and damaged me. In all three instances I made them hurt in ways that were important to them. I knew they didn't love me - they didn't ever love me, so I couldn't hurt them in the same way. Nothing I said or did would make them suffer the emotional heartache I did. But they all had their weaknesses.

While I do believe the best revenge is to live well, I also think it is the icing on the cake that these people also KNOW I live well. I'm in a better place than they are and I wouldn't have gotten to where I am if I was still with them.

Another revenge story. A friend of mine waited years. He boyfriend cheated and was neglectful and played mind games with her. He used her and led her on for several years. He dumped her out of the blue and married another women within 5 months. By the time he married he had 30 years of cheating escapades and history. And his new wife knew he had cheated to be with her.

Fast forward several years later. Three days before Christmas, she went to the closest post office to their house and mailed a letter. The letter pretended to be a betrayed husband. It was sent to new wife. I can't remember exact details - Something to the effect: Your husband has been sleeping with my wife. I'm sick of it. I'm kicking her out and since she hates to be alone, I thought you should know". My friend never knew the fallout, but she assumes that was a rough Christmas. She was happy to plant the seeds of doubt into the former OW and former wandering boyfriend.

• Like 3

^ Remind me never to cross you, Lady. ;)

I've never gotten (or really wanted) personal revenge but I have on behalf of friends, for comparatively serious stuff like abuse or severe mistreatment. Not really so much "revenge" as "justice." I wouldn't go to those lengths just for standard heartbreak, much as it sucks.

• Like 2
WaitingForBardot

Nah, don't have one, revenge requires too much energy.

And I guess I'm one of the lucky ones: I've never been treated really badly and actually remember every one of my partners fondly, even the ones that cheated on and/or dumped me. It's just my nature...

^ Remind me never to cross you, Lady. ;)

I've never gotten (or really wanted) personal revenge but I have on behalf of friends, for comparatively serious stuff like abuse or severe mistreatment. Not really so much "revenge" as "justice." I wouldn't go to those lengths just for standard heartbreak, much as it sucks.

I'm actually a sweetheart. I didn't make my exH suffer and there have been plenty of breakups where I have just been sad and moved on.

Revenge for me was also about NOT being a victim anymore.

The sociopathic alcoholic was able to move on to a new girlfriend (again, he had been cheating), a fantastic life, with several thousand dollars of my money. He told everyone that I was psycho, abusive, stalker and that I owed him money. People did laugh at him, but In retrospect, these people weren't my friends anyway, but I did pull out the credit card statements and copy of,the checks I wrote to him etc and showed proof that what he was saying wasn't true. So he left me emotionally destroyed and one step from homeless and bankruptcy. He was truly a sadist who would withhold food and sleep from me. (Long story).

So, yeah. Not being a victim and a pushover anymore was an important place for me to get to. I had tried some counseling and self help books, but I had to struggle for years to clean up the mess he had knowingly instigated in my life.

• Like 3
2.50 a gallon

Ex-Fiance's parting words, "and you can't dance"

About a month later I discover the great sexy world of disco, Good looking women, drinking and shaking their booties to a sexy beat, great fun and exercise.

Naturally I learned to dance, and was popular with the hottest club in town, where my partner and I were regulars and never had to wait in line.

One night the thought hit me, "Some night she will be here, ask her to dance, after getting her on the floor, say, 'You can't dance' and walk off of the floor"

One of the rules of disco, was the real dancers never got on the floor until the disco was turned on.

On this particular night, the DJ announced that he would turn on the disco at the end of the next song. It just so happened that it was a new song, that my partner and I had been practicing with, we had a great routine. with lots of snap spins. And then to rub salt in the wound another disco couple broke the rules and went out to show off. So my partner and I went out to show them up, which we did, as when the song ended the DJ announced the winner of the dance contest is and he names me and my partner and handed her a record album.

The dance floor is always crowded but this night at first the other couples were giving us the room the strut our stuff. Then my partner who was very good looking and sexy said turn around you have an admirer. I spun around to come face to face with my Ex, standing there with her mouth open, obviously not believing what she was seeing.

With that, her and her middle age banker suits were gone.

• Like 1
Ex-Fiance's parting words, "and you can't dance"

About a month later I discover the great sexy world of disco, Good looking women, drinking and shaking their booties to a sexy beat, great fun and exercise.

Naturally I learned to dance, and was popular with the hottest club in town, where my partner and I were regulars and never had to wait in line.

One night the thought hit me, "Some night she will be here, ask her to dance, after getting her on the floor, say, 'You can't dance' and walk off of the floor"

One of the rules of disco, was the real dancers never got on the floor until the disco was turned on.

On this particular night, the DJ announced that he would turn on the disco at the end of the next song. It just so happened that it was a new song, that my partner and I had been practicing with, we had a great routine. with lots of snap spins. And then to rub salt in the wound another disco couple broke the rules and went out to show off. So my partner and I went out to show them up, which we did, as when the song ended the DJ announced the winner of the dance contest is and he names me and my partner and handed her a record album.

The dance floor is always crowded but this night at first the other couples were giving us the room the strut our stuff. Then my partner who was very good looking and sexy said turn around you have an admirer. I spun around to come face to face with my Ex, standing there with her mouth open, obviously not believing what she was seeing.

With that, her and her middle age banker suits were gone.

I'm calling that just desserts rather than revenge. :-)

And thrilled there is someone older than I am on thread

• Like 3
GorillaTheater
I'm calling that just desserts rather than revenge. :-)

And thrilled there is someone older than I am on thread

I'm old enough to be alarmed that 2.50 was into disco.

My favorite LS revenge story:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/164208-anyone-have-revenge-affair-mp-spouse

Like what Lorenzo did or not, it's a gripping tale.

• Like 1

Not really,

Very minor event. Back in college I fell hard for a girl in my dorm. She liked me - but wanted to "sow her oats" for a while, so she dumped me after I started getting serious. She sent me a letter saying how great I was and such nice guy, but she was not ready to be serious, and hoped we could be friends. I sent back a short letter saying "no thanks - I have enough friends". He roommate, who would later be my GF said the look on her face was shock and that NO ex had EVER not wanted to remain friends with her. A year later after using men and getting used - she confessed she made a mistake and should have stayed with me. Especially after reports from her roommate on the benefits of me as a BF.:rolleyes:

Edited by dichotomy
2.50 a gallon

L1263

Actually it is rather sad. We were very much in love, had even began to select names for out kids. Other than her older sister, who did not want to see her sister marrying a gringo, her whole family loved me. The older sister became a constant thorn in our relationship and therefore after buying her a ring, I refused to set the date until she got our relations with her sister resolved.

After over a year of waiting she listened to her sister walked out and took a work transfer back to her home town.

A year later, I was told thru channels that she had been in a car wreck and wanted to see me. So I went and visited her in the hospital. Which led to us seeing each other again, but not dating. Just talking. She very badly wanted to try again, but it was too late, I had moved on and was back in the dating game and having a great time.

She is the only woman I ever asked to marry me, She would have been the mother of my children. We both eventually married others, and neither marriage lasted long. Neither of us ever had kids.

2.50 a gallon

A FWB had her BF dump her and she wanted revenge. I knew them both and he was a jerk. But so was she as when he left town she came over to my place.

What we worked out was for her to put a series of notices in the Want Ads of the newspaper offering great dirt cheap deals on rifles, shot guns, tools etc. And then added that the seller was a day sleeper and did not get off work until after midnight, so please hold your calls until after 1 in the morning

In order to get some sleep he had to change numbers

No real revenge stories. When wronged I would break up with them and move on. That was enough to really get to a few of them when they saw I was going on with my life without them. But, I never did anything out of revenge. I just moved on.

JuanDelToro

Two revenge stories. One done and dusted and one in progress. Excuse my long post.

My fiance of 7 years left me right when my at the time business was going down, six months before our wedding. I have to add that I was obese. She met me when i was fat and i was fat throughout the relationship. She never stopped complaining about my weight and would always go on putting me down by saying how she previously dated very fit guys. The day she left she brought up how she was never attracted to me physically and with my business going down she didnt feel that i had a future.

A month after the breakup i found out that she was cheating on me with one of my regular clients (wealthy) for at least a year. For the next 3-4 months i experienced pain and sadness as i had never experienced before. Then anger kicked in and with it came an extreme desire to get revenge.

I`m a very hands on individual and i see acquiring absolute knowledge as the most important way to achieve results, so i went on a mission to educate myself as best as i could around fitness and apply it to myself so that i could change my physique.

To make a long story short, i became obsessed with fitness and in 3 years i managed to drop from 450pounds and over 55% bodyfat to 200pounds at a lean 7% with a solid physique. Mind you all that time she was completely unaware of what i was doing and what i had achieved.

At the end of the third year i moved to a different country. I had close down the business and i took the decision to seek a better future elsewhere. After a few months living overseas, i was contacted by a major newspaper (from my home country) and was asked to give an interview that it would go in an article for young immigrants. Little did i know that my picture that i provided them with would end up being on the cover of that newspaper. I was tagged in social media and people that hadnt seen me for a long time was in disbelief. The word spread until it fell into my ex`s ears. Apparently she went and bought the newspaper and a common friend that was around got to witness her reactions. She literally had her jaw drop to the floor, she kept asking how was this possible and if it was a real photo. Later on i`ve heard from friends that she was complaining to everyone that knew us.

I`m planning to compete in fitness within the next year or so, so yes i`ll be sending her a signed photo, although i`m well and truly over her. :)

2nd revenge (in progress).

As soon as i move to the new country, i met with a girl and fell madly in love with her. I hadnt been in a relationship since the previous breakup because of trust issues and because i was way too focused with my fitness to go on chasing girls. I`ve met her through a relative and she appeared perfect and a person that i could trust with my feelings again (it took some reassurance from her side for that to happen).

Very soon i started seeing a future together and went into a serious relationship full on. She wasnt the easiest person to be around, she was very judgmental, immature, ocd, possibly BPD, had a trouble expressing her feelings openly and had a very obscure view towards relationships, marriage and kids (i was very pro marriage and kids). I was her first serious relationship and that didnt make things easier. For all the negatives, she had some great positives and that`s why i was sticking with her. She could be the sweetest and most caring woman when she wanted to be.

Anyways,the relationship ended abruptly after 4 years when i propose to her and she couldnt bring herself up to say yes to me. Never got a NO, but instead what i got was a list of all my negatives thrown to my face. At the top of the list was the fact that i`m new to the country, i wasnt established (meaning that i didnt own a house and my bank account wasnt big enough). She even went on to say that if i was to lose my job (which was a decent job in corporate) i would have a very hard time to find another one and all the responsibilities will fell onto her. That girl rejected me on so many levels that it`s not even funny.

This breakup was hands down the most painful of my life, my soul got ripped in half and being away from a support system (family, friends) made it even harder. It was brutal. Things were so bad that experienced severe physical pain, lost the sense of time for several months and became extremely depressed.

At a point in this nightmare, i passed my breaking point and went through a massive and very sudden personality change. I disposed my old self and became someone else. I`ve made a promise to myself that i would achieve career goals that normal people would consider impossible and with that i will get my revenge.

A year and a half later, i`ve significantly increased my income, bought an apartment in a good area, the car and motorcycle i always wanted. I`ve got two companies in the making, one in the consultancy field and one in the tech field. The tech one received a very high valuation not too long ago and we aim to grow it very large. I`ve met amazing and very successful people and made good friends with them. And most importantly i have no intention whatsoever to stop here. Revenge is not served yet to the full extend but i know that it is a cold platter and this doesnt bother me.

Apart from all that, i have to say that i cannot even describe how extremely grateful i am of these two women. Their rejection and the pain they gifted me with, made me a much better person and pushed me to explore and extend the limits of what i`m capable of achieving. They opened my eyes and provided me with fuel to go about doing that.

• Like 3

I just have two words...

No comment...

:D

I don't tend to take revenge but when I do its good... that is all anyone needs to know... :cool:

• Like 2
Two revenge stories. One done and dusted and one in progress. Excuse my long post.

My fiance of 7 years left me right when my at the time business was going down, six months before our wedding. I have to add that I was obese. She met me when i was fat and i was fat throughout the relationship. She never stopped complaining about my weight and would always go on putting me down by saying how she previously dated very fit guys. The day she left she brought up how she was never attracted to me physically and with my business going down she didnt feel that i had a future.

A month after the breakup i found out that she was cheating on me with one of my regular clients (wealthy) for at least a year. For the next 3-4 months i experienced pain and sadness as i had never experienced before. Then anger kicked in and with it came an extreme desire to get revenge.

I`m a very hands on individual and i see acquiring absolute knowledge as the most important way to achieve results, so i went on a mission to educate myself as best as i could around fitness and apply it to myself so that i could change my physique.

To make a long story short, i became obsessed with fitness and in 3 years i managed to drop from 450pounds and over 55% bodyfat to 200pounds at a lean 7% with a solid physique. Mind you all that time she was completely unaware of what i was doing and what i had achieved.

At the end of the third year i moved to a different country. I had close down the business and i took the decision to seek a better future elsewhere. After a few months living overseas, i was contacted by a major newspaper (from my home country) and was asked to give an interview that it would go in an article for young immigrants. Little did i know that my picture that i provided them with would end up being on the cover of that newspaper. I was tagged in social media and people that hadnt seen me for a long time was in disbelief. The word spread until it fell into my ex`s ears. Apparently she went and bought the newspaper and a common friend that was around got to witness her reactions. She literally had her jaw drop to the floor, she kept asking how was this possible and if it was a real photo. Later on i`ve heard from friends that she was complaining to everyone that knew us.

I`m planning to compete in fitness within the next year or so, so yes i`ll be sending her a signed photo, although i`m well and truly over her. :)

2nd revenge (in progress).

As soon as i move to the new country, i met with a girl and fell madly in love with her. I hadnt been in a relationship since the previous breakup because of trust issues and because i was way too focused with my fitness to go on chasing girls. I`ve met her through a relative and she appeared perfect and a person that i could trust with my feelings again (it took some reassurance from her side for that to happen).

Very soon i started seeing a future together and went into a serious relationship full on. She wasnt the easiest person to be around, she was very judgmental, immature, ocd, possibly BPD, had a trouble expressing her feelings openly and had a very obscure view towards relationships, marriage and kids (i was very pro marriage and kids). I was her first serious relationship and that didnt make things easier. For all the negatives, she had some great positives and that`s why i was sticking with her. She could be the sweetest and most caring woman when she wanted to be.

Anyways,the relationship ended abruptly after 4 years when i propose to her and she couldnt bring herself up to say yes to me. Never got a NO, but instead what i got was a list of all my negatives thrown to my face. At the top of the list was the fact that i`m new to the country, i wasnt established (meaning that i didnt own a house and my bank account wasnt big enough). She even went on to say that if i was to lose my job (which was a decent job in corporate) i would have a very hard time to find another one and all the responsibilities will fell onto her. That girl rejected me on so many levels that it`s not even funny.

This breakup was hands down the most painful of my life, my soul got ripped in half and being away from a support system (family, friends) made it even harder. It was brutal. Things were so bad that experienced severe physical pain, lost the sense of time for several months and became extremely depressed.

At a point in this nightmare, i passed my breaking point and went through a massive and very sudden personality change. I disposed my old self and became someone else. I`ve made a promise to myself that i would achieve career goals that normal people would consider impossible and with that i will get my revenge.

A year and a half later, i`ve significantly increased my income, bought an apartment in a good area, the car and motorcycle i always wanted. I`ve got two companies in the making, one in the consultancy field and one in the tech field. The tech one received a very high valuation not too long ago and we aim to grow it very large. I`ve met amazing and very successful people and made good friends with them. And most importantly i have no intention whatsoever to stop here. Revenge is not served yet to the full extend but i know that it is a cold platter and this doesnt bother me.

Apart from all that, i have to say that i cannot even describe how extremely grateful i am of these two women. Their rejection and the pain they gifted me with, made me a much better person and pushed me to explore and extend the limits of what i`m capable of achieving. They opened my eyes and provided me with fuel to go about doing that.

You might want to examine why you have such a bad woman picker and why you choose to stay for so long with women who mistreat you.