Why does it seem like my boyfriend is making excuses to marry me?

seekingpeaceinlove

Your bf is being smart. It would be in you and your bf's best interest to wait until at least early 20s (preferably later) to get married! You have to experience life as an adult..the ups and downs..the hardships with work/career...life in general. You may be a mature 18 year old but the only way you really mature is to experience life.

What is the problem with waiting another 3-4 years, OP? What if the stats say that the longer you wait the better chance you have a for a longer more successful marriage..would you wait?

If you want to be mature and be an adult, act like an adult and be smart about your decisons..

You're 19 have you even lived yet?

Have you done everything you always dreamed you could do?

Marriage is hard work babies sure are a blessing but a lifetime commitment.

Your boyfriend is right to put the breaks, you should act your age and do all the crazy sh-it you can whilst you can.

You have forever to get married and have kids. As a woman it baffles me that in 2016 a girl's main goal is to get married and have babies. How about being independent and seeing the world?

You can wait, you're still a "teen"

round of applause for the bf.

Seems like a drive-by, if the thread starter returns they can have the thread re-opened by alerting on my post and asking us to do so, thanks