Got tricked into a date; how to let him down?

• Author
You made the mistake of bringing up even getting together.

"Oh, he's stopped pestering me on asking me out, so I'll go ahead and ask him to join me somewhere to get the ball rolling...again."

Sigh, it seems I have to understand I can't just strike a friendship with people who like me. I don't have that right. I have no intentions of stringing anyone along nor games as I don't like either myself. I'm going to talk to him and just tell him I'm not interested in him

• Like 1
What's the best way to let him down without seeming rude?

I'd just be rude. It's obvs he was being pretty disingenuous so I don't think he really deserves much civility or consideration.

I would have pressed him on the absence of friends thing right at the concert and then left when it was revealed there never were any friends. Bc false pretenses ....dealbreaker for me.

He uses deceit to reach his goals. This will not be the only deceit he will use, if you continue to see him. While it is flattering to see the extent of his efforts to f*ck you, trust me, it is all he wants. Sex.

So if he knows you don't want to see him, if he knows you don't want to sleep with him and he lied to get to on a date and inside his house under false pretenses, why are you afraid of being rude if you turn him down?

If your friend has a crush on him, she can get him. She'll be the one to get used for sex, not you. We are all adults here.

Set firm boundaries and watch out for yourself. Really. Just say ignore his texts a few days if he reaches out and say you're insanely busy these days. No references to a future date, no answering his questions. He'll get the message.

Cold. Use your brains, girl.

• Like 1

I had a similar experience years ago. In movies that's perceived as 'pursuit' or endearing, but in real life it lacks integrity and respect.

You don't owe him anything. If you want to send him a "not interested" last contact, that's your choice, but I wouldn't respond to his texts/calls because that might encourage his idea that persistence will win you over. If someone repeatedly negates your responses to them, it's time to cut them out of your life.

• Like 1