So I guess I was wrong [update! 2016-06-08]

Renae

Well you are right and wrong...

I am right now. I asked him. I came out and said that I saw his profile and wanted to know where he was at. That I needed to know. He said he wasn't looking for a relationship right now. That he is moving with his son to arizona. That we are at different places in our lives. We can still hang out but he doesn't want to lead me on.

I say I can't do that. And good luck. It wasn't the leaving part it was the actual confronting part that scared me.

Wow Renea..how are you doing? I am very sorry I know you had high hopes on this man.

Good for you! It takes strength to say goodbye to someone, but you should not stay in a relationship that is not good for you. It will not feel good, but you did the right thing. Hold onto that!

• Author

I'm okay. It came down to I left my marriage becuase I didn't want to be just an option to someone. I didn't have enough self respect to demand it from him. I turned my kids' life upside down becuase I needed to have self respect. And I wasn't do that with a man who I've known for 9 months

I already knew in my heart anyways. Not that it doesn't suck.

He served a pupose in the beginning. He was a great escape from my chaos. His casual, emotionally unavailability was nice becuase it was going to be easy. I never meant to develop a relationship with him. It just kinda happened.

I don't regret being with him. He was really good for me in the beginning, but not anymore. I am proud of myself and I learned a lot about dating. I know lots of things I need to do differently next time.

• Like 3

He served a pupose in the beginning. He was a great escape from my chaos. His casual, emotionally unavailability was nice becuase it was going to be easy. I never meant to develop a relationship with him. It just kinda happened.

I don't regret being with him. He was really good for me in the beginning, but not anymore. I am proud of myself and I learned a lot about dating. I know lots of things I need to do differently next time.

Good for you!

There is usually a positive side in most "failed" relationships.

I think this one may have been just what you needed at the time.

You will be fine :)

• Author

He messaged me today saying he was really sorry and missed being with me this weekend. That he wants me to reconsider. That he really cares about me and that it scares him. That he knows my bday is coming up and wants to know if we can get together

He messaged me today saying he was really sorry and missed being with me this weekend. That he wants me to reconsider. That he really cares about me and that it scares him. That he knows my bday is coming up and wants to know if we can get together

He should be the one reconsidering, not you.

He just wants more of what he had. Your intimacy, love, attention with no tomorrow.

Reconsider what? Being his "Miss right now"? That's not what you want (but it might feel pretty good... i'd channel that good feeling and use it as an agar for growing your sense of self. Check in and see where you think you *rock* and blossom baby!)

(I read your whole thread and I think you're awesome!!)

He messaged me today saying he was really sorry and missed being with me this weekend.

That he wants me to reconsider. That he really cares about me and that it scares him.

Oh give me a break.

If I ever hear one more guy using this pansy excuse, which is precisely what it is.... I'm gonna effin barf.

• Like 2
tinkerbell16

Reconsider what? NOTHING has changed except he is missing all your awesomeness. He is offering you NOTHING but more of the same, non investment bullsh*t. If he really loved you he wouldn't have let you slide away in the first place but he was honest for once and told you HE IS NOT LOOKING FOR A RELATIONSHIP!!!!

Not to belabor .... but what is he scared of? His lil feewings?

Newsflash: EVERYONE gets scared, that's life, grow up!!

That is no excuse to string you along -- calling BS on that.

God I hate that -- huge turnoff and auto dealbreaker for me.

Edited by katiegrl
  • Like 1