Valentine's Day plans?

Does everyone here always do special things for Valentine's Day?

My wife and I are much like what Ms Faust described, we always go some place special, exchange cards but no gifts. Our gift is giving each other our undivided attention. :love:

• Like 2
What are you up to for Valentine's Day?

I am going to make a special meal for my husband and I. We bought some steaks from a farm which sells excellent meat. I also have a bottle of Cabernet Franc which I bought during our last jaunt to Ontario wine country.

My husband wanted socks and underwear for his birthday which is on Valentine's Day. :laugh: I think that's a boring present but I obliged my husband's wishes. I splurged on some designer underwear and socks for him.

I think those in relationship should try to add a little romance to every day. Valentine's Day is just a special time to celebrate love.

Well that sounds perfect.

All of the posts sound as if a good time shall be had by all.

For my part, I ordered her favorite flowers to be delivered to the house, and My wife and I are going out to dinner in the evening.

My wife warned me not to buy her chocolates because she likes to stay fit.

• Like 1
Does everyone here always do special things for Valentine's Day?

Shattered Lady:

No we did. My wife is very practical ad she never wanted gifts or anything special ever. She liked to cook at home and she said if she wanted something she would just buy it.

But our marriage counselor pushed me to insist that we do something together to acknowledge the day.

Your day sounds just an nice with the rest of your family involved and I like your reasoning.

• Like 1

We do not have plans as such, we never do. We do not buy into the Valentine's day facade really.... certainly not the vacuous and ostentatious declarations of love on social media to try and make others feel inferior! I also believe that every day should be Valentine's day.

We will just stay in and have a of day animal sex, with each of us intermittently indulging in our respective hobbies... myself watching serial killer documentaries and him button bashing on computer games! We cannot wait!

I am more sentimental, he is more of a big romantic. Luckily, on the day, I will not feel that he is going above and beyond because of the day. He is very affectionate all the time, he always gives me a kiss after I have cooked him a meal from scratch and we tell eachother several times a day that we love eachother.

• Author
Pretty big supporter of the Ontario wine industry. :)

Me too! The Ontario wine industry is so underrated. Ice wine is the big export but I can't drink such saccharine swill. Give me a bold red that lies down on my tongue any day. I choose my wines based on the meal, the season and occasion.

Have you been to Two Sisters Winery? If not, you need to go. It's a fairly new upscale winery in NOTL. The bottles are not cheap but they are worth every penny. My first winery was Chateau Des Charmes.

• Author
We always have done something....sometimes more simple....sometimes more extravagant...but we always acknowledge the day

That's what we tend to do as well.

We've never gone away for Valentine's Day before but I told my husband I would enjoy that sometime.

We usually go out for dinner or stay in.

• Like 1
  • Author
We do not have plans as such, we never do. We do not buy into the Valentine's day facade really.... certainly not the vacuous and ostentatious declarations of love on social media to try and make others feel inferior! I also believe that every day should be Valentine's day.

We will just stay in and have a of day animal sex, with each of us intermittently indulging in our respective hobbies... myself watching serial killer documentaries and him button bashing on computer games! We cannot wait!

I am more sentimental, he is more of a big romantic. Luckily, on the day, I will not feel that he is going above and beyond because of the day. He is very affectionate all the time, he always gives me a kiss after I have cooked him a meal from scratch and we tell eachother several times a day that we love eachother.

Sounds like my husband! We send loving texts and sexts all day. We also say "I love you" several times and my husband often says that he kisses me in my sleep before he goes to work. He'll send me texts that say "Did you feel my kisses this morning? I squeezed your bum too. You giggled with your eyes closed. So cute!"

• Like 3

Our daughter has an out of state gymnastics meet so while we will be at a hotel, getting our freak on will be unlikely. And then driving home in snow.

But we don't usually do much anyway. Sometimes he gets us girls some flowers and we get him some cards, maybe dinner but we'd probably do that even if it wasn't V-Day.

• Author

A friend of mine has two small children.

When I told her about our Valentine's Day plans, she said that she would be doing the same thing if she didn't have kids. :confused:

It's harder to do things as a couple when there are small children but it's certainly not impossible.

• Like 2
Sounds like my husband! We send loving texts and sexts all day. We also say "I love you" several times and my husband often says that he kisses me in my sleep before he goes to work. He'll send me texts that say "Did you feel my kisses this morning? I squeezed your bum too. You giggled with your eyes closed. So cute!"

Sounds exactly like my relationship! We exchange sexy and affectionate messages throughout the day. When he gets to work he always texts to say 'I love you absolutely/so much' He will often joke that he is aroused in his sleep and I will tell him not to waste his 'excitement' and get it on with me in my sleep! LOL :p

• Like 2
  • Author
Aunt Flo is down for a visit, so it will be a snuggle Valentine's Day for us. Still lots of fun!

Awww! I hate it when that happens.

We have tried period sex and neither of us enjoyed it.

Awww! I hate it when that happens.

We have tried period sex and neither of us enjoyed it.

Same here. I was okay with it, but it wasn't something that either of us were overlly excited to do again.

• Like 1

I'm single and have NO plans. I feel no stress over others celebrating it either.

A good friend of mine invited me to her place to watch chick flicks, have popcorn and chocolate and indulge with some wine. Music to my ears :looooooove: !

Happy St. V, people !!

• Like 4
  • Author
I'm single and have NO plans. I feel no stress over others celebrating it either.

A good friend of mine invited me to her place to watch chick flicks, have popcorn and chocolate and indulge with some wine. Music to my ears :looooooove: !

Happy St. V, people !!

That sounds great and I love your attitude! Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Author

My day has been great so far. We exchanged presents and I've been spoiled; flowers, chocolate, a beautiful card and sexy underwear.

My husband loved his boxers and he was impressed with his enhanced performance socks. I can't even dry them in the drier because of the extra padding and sweat guards in them.

Still going to have a romantic dinner. Can't wait!

Happy St. V, people !!

I felt the same way, a couple of days ago. I even had a sweet song stuck in my head, that I was singing - it was still in my head yesterday.

But today/tonight, it will be me channeling Grumpy Cat, eating cheesecake, and watching The Walking Dead.

• Like 2

Fun to read everyone's traditions. :)

We usually do small gifts, cards, and a nice dinner in. I hate going out on valentine's day because places are so crazy!

I got my husband a rare live LP from one of his favourite bands (we collect records), and a nice bottle of bourbon. He got me a pretty bra & panty set from VS in my favourite colour. We made scallops, mushroom risotto, roasted broccolini, and garlic bread. And there was champagne, of course! :) I know V-day is actually today, but we decided to have our little celebration last night instead, so that we could over-indulge on alcohol without worries of work the next day. ;)

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers

I have no idea what's happening today.

We are on a road trip right now, but that's partially a working road trip. So....... I don't know when he'll be done

Sometimes we postpone the actual day of stuff. I think he said that would most likely happen but we haven't really talked about it.

Meh. He was raised Jehovah's Witness and I don't care too much about holidays. Meh.

What are you up to for Valentine's Day?

I am going to make a special meal for my husband and I. We bought some steaks from a farm which sells excellent meat. I also have a bottle of Cabernet Franc which I bought during our last jaunt to Ontario wine country.

My husband wanted socks and underwear for his birthday which is on Valentine's Day. :laugh: I think that's a boring present but I obliged my husband's wishes. I splurged on some designer underwear and socks for him.

I think those in relationship should try to add a little romance to every day. Valentine's Day is just a special time to celebrate love.

Due to money issues I told him not to get me anything but he bought me roses and chocolate anyway and made me dinner.

I'm pretty sure God was feeling sorry for me and sent me my husband. :love:

• Like 2
ShatteredLady

Sometimes you get exactly what you ask for. Because of what was going on unknown to me this time last year I said that I wanted to ignore the day.

H took the kids out & I was left home alone. The V-word wasn't mentioned. Now I hate myself! Ugh!!

Just Mothers Day to survive. That was the big one. First 'her' d-day. Is it over then or does it all start again next Thanksgiving? (When it started) At least we should be home in the UK by then. Maybe there's a country that doesn't celebrate any of the haunting holidays?!?

• Author
Due to money issues I told him not to get me anything but he bought me roses and chocolate anyway and made me dinner.

I'm pretty sure God was feeling sorry for me and sent me my husband. :love:

That's lovely of your husband. I feel like God sent my husband too. I have not had an easy life and my husband makes up for it.

• Like 1