Wife was cheating and gave up on our marriage [updated 2016-07-04]

BrownHairedGuy

Just a Guy

Hi BHG, sorry you lost this girl. However, what is just is. I am sure you will eventually find the woman of your dreams. It would be good if you write up periodic updates about how things are with you till you actually find your new woman. After that I guess you can close your thread as you would have got the final closure from the stressful time you have been through. Warm wishes.

Your story should be required reading or at least permanently posted for reference.

Few posters seem to care enough to provide follow up posts. Your recent activity proves there is life beyond infidelity. Even if not everything is perfect, it sure looks better than it did a year ago.

Can you share what helped you revive the most?

whichwayisup
Oh man, ya she was fantastic. She was living alone at the time we met and then moved in with friends of hers from college. She was 4 years younger than I was. She slowly reverted back to college party mode by living with them and that kind of drove us apart. She started dating a good looking pilot (even I want to have sex with the guy and I'm a completely straight dude) a couple months after we ended things which kind of sucked to see. They're still together and look happy, so good for her.

You're a gem and someday a fantastic woman will walk into your life when the timing is right.

Good update and glad to hear you're healthy, happy and living life.

• Author
BrownHairedGuy
Your story should be required reading or at least permanently posted for reference.

Few posters seem to care enough to provide follow up posts. Your recent activity proves there is life beyond infidelity. Even if not everything is perfect, it sure looks better than it did a year ago.

Can you share what helped you revive the most?

Man, that's a tough one. I don't think it was one singular thing, but a combination. After everything happened I realized I needed to restart my life. I loved my boss and coworkers and made good money at my old job but I wasn't passionate about what I was selling. The Company I work for now has 24,000 employees and has a sales program that they do twice a year and take 8 people each program. Somehow I got into it, and through that have changed my annual salary, have made it so I travel to new places, and also introduced me to tons of new friends and from that I've been able experience more things than my past life.

That and spending more time with family, more time with my sister and nieces. Going to different places around town. I drive 30 min sometimes to a big park in my city to take my dog just to see and talk to new people. Picking up new hobbies. Just spending more time learning and trying new things and figuring out who I really am as a person and who I want to be. Making myself even better for my next relationship. I want to be the ultimate husband and father!

• Like 1
  • Author
BrownHairedGuy
You're a gem and someday a fantastic woman will walk into your life when the timing is right.

Good update and glad to hear you're healthy, happy and living life.

Hey thank you! That was really nice of you to say. I won't lie, there are some days that I feel every great girl is taken and I'm going to end up not meeting someone until way down the road when it's too late to have kids. But then I just take a deep breath and remind myself that there are SO many girls still out there that I have yet to meet. Even in the last year I've met so many single girls that were good but just weren't right for me.

Have a good one!

• Author
BrownHairedGuy
So the good Dr hadn't married her yet?

Hmmmm

Haha, I was hoping you would show up Marc, always loved your comments.

Dude, that still blows my mind. You're a young single doctor and you get involved with a married woman and you're still with her over a year later! I'm sure my ex told him all kinds of lies about our marriage but guess what!? This is America and its 2017, if she had told him she was so unhappy with our marriage and I was such a terrible person, why not just divorce me!? Lol. How stupid can you be to think everything will be great with a woman that was cheating on her husband and didn't take the time to figure out why she did what she did. She didn't learn anything or face any consequences bro, kind of a red flag!

Regardless if the rumors of him cheating on her are true or not. You're a doctor and have a lot of choices when it comes to women, why be with a woman you know for a fact was cheating on her husband, no matter what it was she told you (because a woman cheating on her husband is sooo truthful). Rant over, I don't understand some people man, it just boggles my mind! But very interesting from a psychological perspective.

• Like 1

So the good Dr hasn't married her yet?

Poor muffin, I bet she's hanging on for dear life. Probably watching his every move. Ha!!! There's your karma

If you want some fun send him an envelope perfumed and have one of your female friends put a big lipstick kiss on the outside.

Put a note inside "can't wait till next time".

• 1 year later...
  • Author
BrownHairedGuy

Not sure if any of the frequent posters that were on this thread will see this or not, since this forum doesn’t seem to be as active as it once was. But it seemed like people like a good update and noticed the other day I haven’t given one in almost a year and a half. So here you go!

I switched jobs again in March and increased my income again. Making the change to healthcare was definitely a smart move for me after my divorce. I’ve stayed single almost the entire time of these last 3 years. About 6 months ago though I met a gal my age and we have been seeing each other ever since. We want the same things in life, have the same values, we go to church almost every Sunday together. She has been fantastic, and that’s all I’ll say about that. It’s only been 6 months so don’t want to jinx myself haha.

I also bought a house closer to downtown and closer to my girlfriend. My old house had a lot of memories and it was tough leaving it but felt good to finally get into another home. Should have done that right after the divorce to be honest but I was living cheap. I have a ranch house that I’m beginning to remodel and make my own like the last one (yikes, wish me luck it’s a mess).

My girlfriend and I have talked about the vacations we want to take next year once I settle in better with my new gig. I have about 250,000 southwest points I need to start using. That’s all I got! If anybody is wondering about something, or if a new person finds this and wants to talk just let me know! Took a little longer than I thought, but most great things take time! I am very happy with where I am in life and what I’ve accomplished in the past few years.

• Like 3

Hey BHG, good to hear from you...and you're right, we do love updates. That said, where is the loser of the POSOM now and any word on the ex?

Very glad to see you're doing well....good wishes going forward.

• Author
BrownHairedGuy
Hey BHG, good to hear from you...and you're right, we do love updates. That said, where is the loser of the POSOM now and any word on the ex?

Very glad to see you're doing well....good wishes going forward.

Hey KG, unfortunately I know quite a bit about her whereabouts since we both met at and graduated from a small college. So people think I like to hear what’s going on with her. The doctor works at a bariatric center making big people skinny so good on him I guess.

She went back to or never left the hospital she worked at when she and I were together. She became a NP. They live in a rented house still in a different city. Surprisingly they are engaged, after about 2 and a half years together which is about the same timeline we got engaged haha.

I heard on one of her Pinterest boards she has beach wedding ideas and the board still has ideas from when she was planning our wedding lol. From what I’ve heard, her friends from college and even some from high school no longer talk to her. Her best friend from college who no longer is friends with her - we actually became FWBs for a little while at the beginning of this year (whoops!).

Hope you have a great holiday season KG!

• Author
BrownHairedGuy
You did well. You didn't linger like some do.

Congrats on fully moving on.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Merry Christmas Marc! Good hearing from you!

Hey KG, unfortunately I know quite a bit about her whereabouts since we both met at and graduated from a small college. So people think I like to hear what’s going on with her. The doctor works at a bariatric center making big people skinny so good on him I guess.

She went back to or never left the hospital she worked at when she and I were together. She became a NP. They live in a rented house still in a different city. Surprisingly they are engaged, after about 2 and a half years together which is about the same timeline we got engaged haha.

I heard on one of her Pinterest boards she has beach wedding ideas and the board still has ideas from when she was planning our wedding lol. From what I’ve heard, her friends from college and even some from high school no longer talk to her. Her best friend from college who no longer is friends with her - we actually became FWBs for a little while at the beginning of this year (whoops!).

Hope you have a great holiday season KG!

Touché :cool:

So sorry you are going through this. Right now, she's telling that guy what a terrible life she has at home. But as most are suggesting, this will not last and right now you gotta think if you want to be the guy to lick her wounds or set her out by the curb for trash-collection day.