Valentine's Day is a bunch of malarkey

yxalitis

There's so much negativity in the world. How can I possibly be negative about a holiday that celebrates love?

Of course, buying into the commercial aspects is purely the choice of the couple. If they wish, they should. We don't wish, so we don't. I do expect sex, however :love:

• Like 2
There's so much negativity in the world. How can I possibly be negative about a holiday that celebrates love?

Of course, buying into the commercial aspects is purely the choice of the couple. If they wish, they should. We don't wish, so we don't. I do expect sex, however :love:

I guess single people like me can be negative about the day as it can come across as couples rubbing our noses in it.

My SO asked me one time what I thought about Valentine's Day -- I said that pretty much every day feels like Valentine's Day with you and it's hard enough figuring out what to get you for your birthday and Christmas, do you really need another tie or bottle of cologne? :) (I'm kidding of course about the tie or cologne. We both put a lot of thought into birthday and Christmas gifts for each other. It's not really too hard though if you are really listening to them during the year. :)

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!! Just one little twist I want to add. Unfortunately, not everybody is as aware of the commercial hook as you and I are. Because of that, couples may judge one another or others by what is or is not communicated OR DELIVERED on Valentine's Day. It has permeated society- become part of the culture. Hate to be the one to break the news, but this is not the only holiday this has happened with. BTW, what did YOU GIVE/GET for Christmas this year?!

As you pointed out, we do not need a certain day dedicated to getting her something you thought she would like, sharing something with her, or thinking of her. But on the bright side, if you do have any of these inclinations, a special opportunity has been provided. Because of this little twist I never thought of before, I am considering actually acknowledging this day for/with my wife! Happy Valentine's Day!

• Like 1
GorillaTheater
A client gave them to me.

How could I refuse?

Another gave me chocolate covered strawberries. :)

I'm totally inspired to hit the store on my way home to get a bargain on some 80-ish% chocolate. Yum.

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of any holiday. The extravagance. But make some chocolate covered strawberries? Yeaaah, its a good excuse. Thanksgiving is a good excuse for turkey dinner too ;)

A pretty rose to whisper kisses against my boyfriends body... Yup. The stores make a little something easy to grab ;) the whole dozens of roses and jewelry thing though, good lord.

the whole dozens of roses and jewelry thing though, good lord.

Hey I did rings w/my GF. Didn't do it because V-Day, but it sure seemed like a good time. :)