What to get for Valentines Day?

Otter2569

I wonder which would be the most appreciated from a man

1. A sweater

2. Being welcomed home by his gf only dressed in high heels and a bow around the neck.

BOTH!!! :D

In fact put the sweater on and tell him you were trying to work out if it was the right size for him and perhaps he could help you out of it so you can put it on him...

• Like 5
BOTH!!! :D

In fact put the sweater on and tell him you were trying to work out if it was the right size for him and perhaps he could help you out of it so you can put it on him...

Srsly there's a lot of cool things you can do w/a sweater. Rawwr .... :cool:

• Like 1
Oh no Gaeta!

V day is for the boys too!!! Its fun to spoil them! :D

I thought the male equivalent was steak and bj day... Which is apparently the 15th Feb if they get the 14th right.

• Like 5
hhmm now I am filled with doubts. I have been dating someone for 2 months and I had no intention of buying him something as in a gift. I thought Valentine was about flowers, chocolate, cards and sexy lingerie.

I've been seeing BF for longer than that and I just got him a card but I'm really not into VD. I will bring out some nice new lingerie though that weekend.

Two dates in and presents sound like much IMO - especially if not in a relationship. For two dates I would be thrilled with a single flower, a truffle, and/or a card. I would feel it was overboard if a buy gave me that much early on and he was clear it was casual. That sort of stuff screams relationship to me.

I'm with the previous poster who suggested she might not be thinking it's casual or really OK with it.

I thought the male equivalent was steak and bj day... Which is apparently the 15th Feb if they get the 14th right.

If my BF got me this I would be... :love:

• Author

This thing is not going as fast or as furious as it sounds. There is no "R". We have gone out together two times and its been fun (not hot and heavy).

I had no intention to do anything but stay in on Vday (as Jen suggested) but she asked me to "go out this weekend" and she may have bought me a shirt so rather than look like a total cheap ass I figured I had better have something ready...just in case.

I was just trying to think of something appropriate. Figured I could eat chocolate and drink champagne in my own hot tub so it definitely wouldnt go to waste :)

• Author

Gaeta, Toodaloo: me, you, flowers, champagne, chocolate, lingerie, basil plant on Vday?! :love:

Gaeta, Toodaloo: me, you, flowers, champagne, chocolate, lingerie, basil plant on Vday?! :love:

What an opportunist you are lol

• Like 1

Otter: Don't you think it's a bit too much for her to get you an expensive sweater after 2 dates? Doesn't that ring a bell that she is too much invested considering you just want casual?

• Author

G - All I know is that she said she saw a shirt that she liked and asked what my size was....then I realized Vday was this weekend.

Trust me i'd take lingerie over a shirt any day of the week..and if its a sucky shirt then, well thats not good either.

Keep it simple. Get her some flowers and maybe chocolate if she likes it and if it's not breaking your bank too much. You've only been out a few times. I would hardly call that a relationship yet.

• Like 1