Taking yourself out for valentines day if single..

sportygirl89

VD is on a Sunday this year, why not just go out on the Saturday? Can't imagine Sunday evening would be equally interesting

Has anyone taken themselves out on dates for Valentines Day when not dating? How did your friends view it? How did you feel after?

I'm thinking of going to a movie and I don't think people will go to it not at least for Valentines day ?.

I do things by myself all the time. I go to the movies, restaurants, spas, all kinds of things alone and I love it! So going to watch a movie on Valentine's day alone would be no different.

It is dark and no one cares. I understand in a restaurant why you would feel more aware (I wouldn't, but I get it), but at the movies no one cares. In general, a lot of people don't care about Valentine's Day. Trust me. The entire world doesn't stop for it and judge everyone who is single, so do you!

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease
Has anyone taken themselves out on dates for Valentines Day when not dating? How did your friends view it? How did you feel after?

I'm thinking of going to a movie and I don't think people will go to it not at least for Valentines day .

I say, "Go for it, sportygirl89!" Who cares what others think? If they're out with their SO and focused on you, you can be sure you're in a much better situation than they are!

I seriously doubt anyone worth much is going to be paying attention to a single person out alone on Valentine's Day, anyway.

As long as you avoid the restaurants, you'll be okay. I eat out a lot and don't let it stop me, but I try to go early before the dates begin. And the only thing that is sometimes embarrassing is even if you go at lunch on V Day, they will hand a lone woman a rose! Haha. But I'm hard to embarrass, so I just take it home and put it in water.

• Author
As long as you avoid the restaurants, you'll be okay. I eat out a lot and don't let it stop me, but I try to go early before the dates begin. And the only thing that is sometimes embarrassing is even if you go at lunch on V Day, they will hand a lone woman a rose! Haha. But I'm hard to embarrass, so I just take it home and put it in water.

I plan on hitting a movie before the big dinner time thing. Plus the movie How to be single movie I doubt would have couples in it. I love fat Amy. So optimistic in weird quirky way!

• Author

I went to an early showing of the movie. Not a lot of people were there and I sat in a section where a lot of people don't sit so little to none awkwardness.

In my city, there are many, many single people out here. It's not uncommon for single zombies to roam around on Valentine's Day.

I will be one of them. I will be shopping for a gift for my boss - (whose birthday falls on Valentine's Day!)

I'm not jealous of mushy couples. I don't want their men!

It's nice to feel happy for others. When I see a random couple in love, I'm happy for them. I wouldn't want to trade places, no thanks. She is meant to be with that dude, and even if you give him to me for free, I'd rather be single! (The heart wants what it wants, and it's certainly not a random guy!)

So yeah, enjoy YOUR Valentine's Day! To all the single people out there, embrace your independence! :bunny:

• Like 1