So I decided to try out OLD

Necris

• Author
See my signature. I've found it's absolutely true.

Have you ever noticed that when you go out into the world in a great mood, it seems like everything is wonderful? And when you go out in a sour mood, everything gets on your nerves?

I just started a new job with a difficult boss, and I've been practicing approaching her with different attitudes. The more I let her get to me and sour my mood, the more she brings me down. The better my attitude, the less annoying she is and the better our interactions are.

If you believe you won't find someone, you probably won't. Try improving your attitude. Your thoughts about your life and circumstances are really the only thing you have much control over.

Also, make sure you're using good English in your messages. At least 50% of guys fail with "how r u" type messages. I don't respond to text-speak.

The mood I am in doesn't really change the world...

But generally I'm not feeling sad, I lean towards more of a more neutral feeling not feeling happy nor sad nor angry.

Though when it comes to dating the pain of rejection does eventually get to me but it's more of a delayed effect. Start off feeling neutral to happy not caring that I'm living the single virgin life maybe even make jokes about it, get rejected, blow it off, get rejected again, blow it off, coworkers talk about their relationships and I'm like I got 99 problems son but a... and so on.

And then eventually I'll have a moment of self-reflection like when you are lying in bed and can't sleep so think about things and then it just hits you, looking at your history, current path, and other facts/experiences about your life no girl is ever interested in you, not now, not before, probably not in the future, hell you literally can't even get a date in your actual dreams, and you will most likely stay a single virgin for the rest of your days.

The sadness then just washes over you like a massive wave and you feel down for the rest of the day/week so you post on loveshack. Of course you eventually get better and then the cycle repeats.

Your lack of online dating responses is probably due to one of three factors, either women don't like your profile pictures, your profile content or the messages you are sending. If you can work which of these areas is the issue, then you can go about improving your online dating response rate.

To work out if the profile content, profile pictures or messages is the problem, ask yourself the following: When I send messages, do most women view my profile? If the answer is yes, then it would indicate your messages and profile picture are OK, as your message and profile pictures interested them enough to view your profile. However as they still are not replying then it suggests that they did not like your profile content. If on the other hand the answer is no it suggests that that they did not like your messages and / or the profile picture that much.

LookAtThisPOst
Ah the vibes are back. It's always the vibes.

Strangely I can find no threads on here where someone is complaining that they're really good looking but can't get anywhere in OLD because of the vibes his profile gives off.

Now she's going off his avatar in a message board forum and really REACHING to find that has something to do with his online dating? Seems people really like looking for a reason no matter how far off it is. :laugh:

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
Now she's going off his avatar in a message board forum and really REACHING to find that has something to do with his online dating? Seems people really like looking for a reason no matter how far off it is. :laugh:

Well ... if he is getting no responses, there IS a reason. I think he posted this thread to get help finding out what it is?? :confused::confused:

• Like 1
AverageJoe1986

I know. Maybe it's the way he eats Chinese food. Maybe his profile just gives off the impression that he is inefficient and messy when he eats noodles. Or it could be that perennial problem I've heard many men have. They tend to use puntuation in a way that suggests bad personal hygeine. I've heard it scuppers many a burgeoning romance.

You can of course choose to discard this tip if you like. I have a male acquaintance who told me that while he's into war games and other geek stuff, he tends to play this side of himself down when he is first getting to know a woman. Truth is I thought he had a great personality and I found him attractive but if I had seen him with an online dating profile mentioning the geek stuff, I would have not been interested. Well that's on me, so there you go. That really taught me something. People are always going to make certain judgements.

I was also reading something about mentioning hobbies in your profile that appeal to women. I don't mean feminine stuff. Here are some examples that I gleaned from an eHarmony article* on the subject:

Most attractive interests for men to list on their profile

1. Traveling

2. Exercise

3. Theatre

4. Dancing

5. Cooking

6. Outdoor interests

7. Politics

8. Pets

9. Photography

10. Watching sports

*The eHarmony survey was based on their UK site so obviously it may vary between territories.

One thing I said to myself during my awkward years was....if you can't beat 'em, then join them.

Don't be afraid to venture out of your comfort zone. Girls are naturally social creatures, so my advice is to go out and be sociable, and learn how to dance. I tell a lot of guys who would just sit on a bar stool, staring down at their beer.....if you dance you will get laid.

Sure some girls are there to dance and have fun while others are there just to be there. They don't dance with anyone just hang out with friends. Those are let down girls that don't take the just dancing plunge.

Maybe if they seemed more approachable like laughing and talking instead of ice queens.