May be wrong thread, but is love worth it? (Very long question)

John Dough

John you're doing it wrong.

You don't have to break your back or have muscles like Flash Gordon.

You do have to have self esteem, interests, grounded personality and pick wisely.

I went to visit an ageing aunt and uncle last week. The aunt has dementia. I was lucky. She knew who I was for 5 minutes. It wasn't a great visit if I am honest but...

I saw the way my uncle looked at her. Her mind is gone, she is a mess, a far cry from the proud woman she was. But he still sees that woman he married 60 odd years ago. He still loves that woman he married 60 odd years ago. He does not regret one single second of it even though he is now going through hell.

So yes. It is worth it when you get it right.

What others see when they look at you is not what you see in the mirror.

Concentrate on your career, going and doing those fun things and the rest will come. Ask girls out and shrug off the rejections. The right one will say yes and that is all that matters. All the ones that say no do not matter at all.

Sorry to hear about your aunt, my grandmother is in a similar position.

I agree with a lot of what you say, from my own experience chasing love the best advice I can give to the OP is to just live, if love happens great, if not you can try understand why not but you simply never will.

If you can look at yourself each day and say "I am a good person", does it really matter what other people think?

• Author
Hopefully, you can find a way around the force feeding part.

I didn't do any force feeding.

I think I started a little bit heavier than you describe... a tiny bit.

I identified where my shape wasn't stacking up to the ideal shape women like and even asked a few lady friends what I needed to change.

Then, I made those changes. It was all upper body because I was snow/skate boarding, biking, hiking all my life. Legs were always over developed from that.

I used (use) test boosters and protein with a normal diet.

But... as the muscle grows your appetite will naturally increase anyway.

If you got Electric Forest tix before they sold out, btw... i hate you. :D

lmfao, Electric Forest bro, unfortunately I'm about 20 hours away from Michigan and I'm working so no I didn't but it made my day that you said that. Party hard man, I'll get there one day, trust me that I will.

A side note, yeah I'm pretty sure we had the same build, because my legs are over developed from soccer, track, mtb. Also will continue to force feed because it's not that bad, its very cheap at the moment, and I got a friend doing it with me.

• Like 1
lmfao, Electric Forest bro, unfortunately I'm about 20 hours away from Michigan and I'm working so no I didn't but it made my day that you said that. Party hard man, I'll get there one day, trust me that I will.

A side note, yeah I'm pretty sure we had the same build, because my legs are over developed from soccer, track, mtb. Also will continue to force feed because it's not that bad, its very cheap at the moment, and I got a friend doing it with me.

Sounds like exactly the same build I have naturally.

Key was to get the sizes right relative to each other. Getting the ratios right.

I'm more than 24 hours from Michigan right now. I can walk to ultra. :cool:

Tried to get e Forest tix this past summer. Sold out so fast...

I really want to check out hard fest. Summers I'm in NY and Coachella is opening a new festival there. Kind of excited about it.

I do a lot of smaller venues but with same acts as say... EDC too. I like hard style, tropical house and deep euro house.

Bout time another festival goer shows up. I talk about them on here and I'm pretty sure no one gets it. lol

Good luck. Totally worth doing. I like the post saying muscles on guys are like boobs on chicks. 100%

Edited by loveweary11
  • Like 1

Not all women like muscles. My crowd didn't. Skinny guys were the norm except that they didn't have confidence problems because of it and were instead outgoing musicians or artists or whatever with something going for them.

I still think a couple of milkshakes a day would solve the skinny man problem.

So, right now I'm watching "My 600 Pound Life." Plenty of the 600-pounders are married and weren't exactly skinny when they walked down the aisle. Some conjoined twins get married, "little people" get married, paralyzed people get married, murderers in prison for life get married, people with a dozen kids get married, toothless meth addicts get married, mentally retarded people get married... I'm sorry, what was your question again?

Why am I not married?!

• Like 1