Significant other won't work, hurting our relationship

If you go back to work, you will have built in child care with him but I'm not sure what else he brings to the party. Presumably you get a break on rent because you live with his relatives.

Lynn2010, other ethical and moral issues aside, this is good advice.

As soon as you're able after the birth of your child, find a job and take charge of your future. As d0nnivain pointed out, at least you'll have free child care. Who knows, you might even shame your H into putting down the controller and picking up a paycheck.

There needs to be at least one adult in your family. Sorry that, amongst your other roles, it has to be you...

Mr. Lucky

I think you need to really assess his potential here and the dynamic of his family in terms of how they might be enabling him. You don't have to throw away a future with him but, I think you need to set some expectations about what you require in that future.

You may have to separate in order to set and make real those expectations. If you do move into your Aunt's, and take on employment, etc. you will be setting the bar for how you expect adult parents to live and support their family.

Getting a job, and fully participating in the household and childcare responsibilities should be a condition of reuniting under one roof. If he can't do that then you first seek separate orders for support. If he is incapable of change then by that point you'll know and will have already begun establishing the self reliance you need.

You don't have to immediately cut and run but, you can be working on both possible outcomes simultaneously.