I know!!! Gotta hate morning people such as my peer who set up these calls. He's always at the office before 9. He's always there already no matter what time I arrive. And the other people on the call who are on one of our regional offfices who work from home most days and probably just wake up at 8:55 and dial in when I have to wake up at 7ish to get there on time. Ahhhh.

The conferences can atleast start at 10am

I live 7 miles from work. In the morning it takes me about 45 min to get there (leave at 8:15 to be there at 9....usually racing in the door just at 9) and when I leave at 5 I'm home by 5:25. I hate the morning traffic with a passion. Takes 15 min just to get out of my neighborhood.

GorillaTheater
9 am meetings are early?

Don't most people start work at 7-8?

I always thought "9 to 5" was wishful thinking. It's interesting that folks actually have that schedule. As opposed, say, to 7:30 to 6.

GunslingerRoland

Maybe it varies by city, but I'd consider 9 a pretty late start time. I honestly know more office workers who start at 6 than I do at 9.

I always thought "9 to 5" was wishful thinking. It's interesting that folks actually have that schedule. As opposed, say, to 7:30 to 6.

See, I think 7:30 to 6 is a little crazy. Accounting for a 30-minute lunch, that's a ten hour day. If you add even a 30 minute commute to each side, that's a recipe for burnout, especially if you have children.

GorillaTheater
See, I think 7:30 to 6 is a little crazy. Accounting for a 30-minute lunch, that's a ten hour day. If you add even a 30 minute commute to each side, that's a recipe for burnout, especially if you have children.

You're not wrong, although my commute is only about 15 minutes.

And this place helps out as a stress alleviator. Well, depending on which threads I look at.

Edited by GorillaTheater
  • Like 1
Maybe it varies by city, but I'd consider 9 a pretty late start time. I honestly know more office workers who start at 6 than I do at 9.

Our office hours are from 8 am to 6 pm on Monday to Friday. Some of us have to work from 9-5 on Saturdays for at least 3 months out of the year. People get burned out? Sure! There are hundreds of others who are willing to take their place.