What about the "homewrecker"?

Home wrecker worse then what?

Whether one is the OM, OW, WW, WH, married, single, to say one of them is worse then the other is like the kettle is calling the pot black.

• Like 1

Unless the affair partner is unaware of the relationship then yes they bear some moral responsibility for the consequences of the affair. Not as much as the wayward partner but the reality is that without a willing affair partner there would be no affair.

I do think that many people are not aware of just how damaging their actions are, and when they get caught up in the moment it is easy to minimize and disregard the negative consequences of their choices.

But that doesn't remove the culpability for those consequences. Home wrecker is a term that has a negative connotation for a reason.

Anyone who has read an infidelity forum or the OW/OM forum here should know that these are unhealthy relationships filled with pain and drama that should be avoided.

I definitely have a hard time feeling any sympathy for people who have knowingly entered such relationships then cry about the fallout.

I see the cheating partner as the homewrecker. Although I have one friend who was involved with a man who was involved in emotional affairs with a number of women, trying to convince them to leave their husbands, or to at least meet up and sleep with him.