Does anyone have any tips for sunburn to get rid of the sting or redness, it's horrible, my sunburn is serisouly itching as if i were on fire and ouch! any tips!

tanbark813

Aloe Vera gel helps. They usually have it in the same section as the sunscreen at the store.

If you have it really bad. You might want to get Solarcane Spray (I think that's how it's spelled). It helps alot. I makes the itching and burning go away. Also, lanacane Spray may help as well. Calamine Lotion is suppose to help.

HotCaliGirl

Plain yogurt from the fridge applied on the burnt area absorbs the heat without the sting of ice.

It sounds real gross.. but take a bath in tomato juice. Take the sting right out of it..

laRubiaBonita

Preventative measures are always the best! so make sure to apply and re-apply sunscreen after at least 4 hours......sooner if you are sweaty or in the water.

There are a ton of sunburn lotions on the market. But basically, stay out og the sun, stay hydrtaed, keep the affected skin hydrated (with aloe vera),take cooler showers/ baths.

Def AloeVera or Solarcaine - it will numb it for a bit. Motrin 600 mg for pain.

HokeyReligions

A mixture of Iodine and Baby Oil has always worked well for me; and Noxema on the face!

I think it depends on your complection too -- some people burn faster than others (depth of the burn)