NC - day 24

make-this-stick

Nothing healthy can ever come out of an unhealthy relationship. There are good honest men out there who aren't married.

It's worth the time and effort to wait until you find one.

Put the past where it belongs. In the past. Just be better for it and don't repeat.

Oh, and get a dog. They always love you no matter what :laugh:

I have 4!!!!!!

I'm still M with my abusive and alcoholic H, so I can't find another man yet. I want to get out of m, but can't afford it yet. It's a bad situation that gets me very down and I feel alone. The A was an escape and to have someone to care about me. It was a bad idea, but I was trying to cope. Hopefully I can make some changes that will make my life better soon. Dogs do love you no matter what and it's good that you have 4. :)

I'm still M with my abusive and alcoholic H, so I can't find another man yet. I want to get out of m, but can't afford it yet. It's a bad situation that gets me very down and I feel alone. The A was an escape and to have someone to care about me. It was a bad idea, but I was trying to cope. Hopefully I can make some changes that will make my life better soon. Dogs do love you no matter what and it's good that you have 4. :)

I feel for you. Nothing worse than an alcoholic. Unless he quits gets into AA it'll just continue to get worse over time. Very debilitating as they get older. Ugh

You need a plan to get out. Start putting back money in a separate account in your name only. Like a savings to start a new life.

Sorry you're here. I hope you do well. No one deserves to live with that.

I feel for you. Nothing worse than an alcoholic. Unless he quits gets into AA it'll just continue to get worse over time. Very debilitating as they get older. Ugh

You need a plan to get out. Start putting back money in a separate account in your name only. Like a savings to start a new life.

Sorry you're here. I hope you do well. No one deserves to live with that.

Thanks. It is rough and he's not planning to quit drinking. During the week I work at night, so I don't see him much. Weekends are hard, though. I have a separate account with some money in it, but it's not enough yet. I guess that I will feel guilty if I'm the one that leaves, but I can't live like this forever.

Thanks. It is rough and he's not planning to quit drinking. During the week I work at night, so I don't see him much. Weekends are hard, though. I have a separate account with some money in it, but it's not enough yet. I guess that I will feel guilty if I'm the one that leaves, but I can't live like this forever.

You can't fix that and he may never. There's nothing to feel guilty about wanting to have a life worth living.

However, as you've found an affair just wastes time and effort that needs to be put towards your life. Plus it drags you down to a place you don't need to be.

You're better than that.

Godspeed for you

You can't fix that and he may never. There's nothing to feel guilty about wanting to have a life worth living.

However, as you've found an affair just wastes time and effort that needs to be put towards your life. Plus it drags you down to a place you don't need to be.

You're better than that.

Godspeed for you

I would feel guilty, because he's not always bad and that I was the one to end it. An affair does drag you down and wastes time and effort. I guess that I was so down and wanted someone to talk to more than anything and it made me feel better about myself for a while, even when I knew that I was doing something wrong. I want to be better than that. Hope that you're doing well.

• Like 1