Why do women pick on other women at work?

I was just wondering why I never see threads titled, "Why do men pick on other men at work?" or just "why do men pick on other men?" because they do - it isn't just women.

Because people have been socialized to think there's something wrong with women as a group, and sometimes the women themselves believe it.

• Like 1
I was just wondering why I never see threads titled, "Why do men pick on other men at work?" or just "why do men pick on other men?" because they do - it isn't just women.

Because we know why we pick on each other if/when it happens.

I also think that it's usually rarer occurrence for men to seriously mock another man with the same intentions women have when they do it (depending on the field of work), because the threat of violent response is usually not so deep beneath the surface as it appears to be (to me) for women.

For example, I have seen women within my workplace literally scold each other like they were talking to a child.... ridiculous. pointless. When I apply my internal cost/benefit analysis of that action, it doesn't warrant taking it.

Because we know why we pick on each other if/when it happens.

I also think that it's usually rarer occurrence for men to seriously mock another man with the same intentions women have when they do it (depending on the field of work), because the threat of violent response is usually not so deep beneath the surface as it appears to be (to me) for women.

For example, I have seen women within my workplace literally scold each other like they were talking to a child.... ridiculous. pointless. When I apply my internal cost/benefit analysis of that action, it doesn't warrant taking it.

This is not my experience. I see far more bullying by males, especially male bosses, towards male subordinates. It is straight locker room behavior. I am in a male dominated industry and you see men being very critical of other men. With women it is more complete disregard, more passive but as hurtful. It is the pat on the head and scooted out of the door. With the male on male it is active criticism, undermining, and spreading negative criticism about their male target. That can happen to the women as well, but since most have some awareness/hesitation around sexual harassment/discrimination there is a bit more tiptoeing so more circumvent in the behavior.

• Like 1