At the risk of sounding sexist...

I don't know how people can expect a traditional partner without contributing traditionally themselves.

I think this is the key, the partners have to define the roles.

My wife retired 5 years ago, I've continued to work. I provide a good living, she provides logistical support on the homefront. She doesn't expect me to wash dishes any more that I expect her to analyze company profits.

When we both worked, very different story. When our kids were young, very different story. A couple has to be able to communicate and adapt as circumstances change...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 3
  • Author
I think this is the key, the partners have to define the roles.

My wife retired 5 years ago, I've continued to work. I provide a good living, she provides logistical support on the homefront. She doesn't expect me to wash dishes any more that I expect her to analyze company profits.

When we both worked, very different story. When our kids were young, very different story. A couple has to be able to communicate and adapt as circumstances change...

Mr. Lucky

This. You sound like a good husband and Mrs. Lucky is fortunate to have you.

Our circumstances changed due to buying a home. We could not afford a house in the city we lived in because even fixer uppers started at 800K. :eek: Can you imagine?!

We moved to the boonies so that we could find an affordable home. The job situation here is bleak and my husband generates enough income for me to stay at home. I do not expect my husband to lift a finger. I cook, clean and take care of administrative tasks. This works very well for us because I am no longer exhausted and stressed from working in the corporate world.

• Like 1
We could not afford a house in the city we lived in because even fixer uppers started at 800K. :eek: Can you imagine?!

IF you're in the US, I'm guessing Silicon Valley/San Jose area? My son just bough a house there in that price range that's smaller - and older! - than my first house I purchased in 1975 for $28K...

Mr. Lucky

• Author
IF you're in the US, I'm guessing Silicon Valley/San Jose area? My son just bough a house there in that price range that's smaller - and older! - than my first house I purchased in 1975 for $28K...

Mr. Lucky

I'm in Canada. Our house cost less than 300K but it is just a little townhouse. Our next house will be at least semi detached and probably around 450-550K. We won't be upgrading until at least 2020 though.