Material for a casual sex-geared OLD profile. Thoughts?

PolarCrash

If you are looking for causal sex, be clear about it. Don't trick women that are actually looking for relationships with bogus lies...you might find women that are actually looking for that-you never know. Just put in your profile..."I just got out of a long-term relationship, not looking for a relationship, just looking for fun.."

Edited by Bobbi7
I actually never knew "partner in crime" was code for casual sex; I'll definitely be on the lookout now.

Wait, wait... four out of five PUAs now agree that "partner in crime" is a don't-use cliche, especially on OKCupid. :D

Seriously, it's really not something you benefit from pointing out. Despite all the hype about FWB and "hookup culture," the fact is that most people actually do not want casual sex. All you will do is narrow the number of women possibly interested.

Casual sex is like self-employment. Eighty percent of your time is spent drumming up business. Most people, unless they're pretty successful at it, do not enjoy the endless search for their next piece. That goes for both men and women.

Someone else mentioned that you shouldn't mislead women, and that's true. But as long as you don't establish that you're looking for a long-term relationship, women shouldn't assume you are. And anyway, that's something you can talk about as you get to know each other.

• Author
Disagree with this. There are a lot of guys who do this. Even in a casual arrangement we'll have to interact with a guy and there's no point in doing that if we don't think there might be chemistry. I have the chance when on OLD to meet so many men but I have a life. I'm not giving up my precious free time (even for a casual encounter) unless I at least think I'll enjoy the company of the guy I'm with.

My advice is to do a search for the guys that OKC says are like you based on your profile. Fill out questions. These guys will be your competition so to speak. Also look country-wide rather than locally. See what things you like/hate from their profiles. I wouldn't steal it word for word but it can give you ideas on how to be creative, how much most profiles suck, and how to differentiate yours without coming off a weird. Put yourself in a woman's shoes when you do this. Is this the type of guy you want to spend some time with? Imagine it's a woman even. Is this someone you would want to spend the evening with even if there was no sex on the table?

I get the logic behind telling the guy that his profile should say "Greetings fellow citizien, I am looking for a female individual who is interested in me putting my penis in their vagina". The problem with advising him to do that is that no one actually does that!

Same with "casual sex site" - what is that? Most people use OK Cupid, or POF, or Tinder. The same sites people use for dating. Do you seriously think all the pairs of people having casual sex out there met on "HornyCasualSexAdultSwingers.ru"? Of course not. They meet the same way couples do. And they're attracted to each other... for a lot of the same reasons couples are.

That reminds me (I can't believe I didn't remember this earlier); several years ago, when I was still in college, I actually did have 2 brief flings with 2 eccentric, hipster-type girls (the type of girls who unabashedly select "Casual Sex" on OKC around where I live).

One had gone to a very exclusive private music school when she was young and played in our school's fairly-prestigious jazz orchestra, the members of which were known to have cocaine-fueled orgies with eachother on a regular basis (I didn't join in, but she partook when I wasn't available).

Another was this girl in our art history program and did her own painting who was into practicing, what she described as, "ethical non-monogamy". Her main BF had 1 or 2 other girls he was sleeping with, and I was this girl's #2 guy, but they didn't hide it from eachother and were still a close couple.

Anyway, the first girl I mentioned once told me that what attracted her to me (even if it was for a fling) was that I was relatively "normal" and "well-rounded" compared to most of the guys in her social circle. Sure, I CAN appreciate abstract art and fine music from time to time, but it's very far from being a lifestyle for me. These girls, on the other hand, and the people they seemed to roll with, eat, breath and live it.

I've always been relatively straight-laced; far from the artsy, hippy-dippy type of people who rolled in these circles. I'm wondering if my flings with those girls were simply a result of opposites attracting or them simply trying to take a break from their routine.

Like I said, I answered all the Match questions on OKC in as pro-casual sex of a manner as I could, and as a result, I'm getting the highest matches with artsy, hipster-like girls who aren't afraid to publicly admit they're looking for casual sex.

Doing what Miss Peach said, I instead selected "Men looking for women" and categorized by highest match. The vast majority of guys at the top of the list look like "ordinary" guys just like me; totally not the eccentric artists and musicians like many of these girls are.

Could it be that these girls are looking for "ordinary" guys as well? Do you think a "normal" OLD profile is all it takes to win girls like these over?

• Author
If you are looking for causal sex, be clear about it. Don't trick women that are actually looking for relationships with bogus lies...

I really don't think there's much risk of that happening; like I said, I answered the Match questionaires in as pro-casual sex of a manner as I could and as a result, nearly all of my highest matches are girls who selected "Casual Sex" in their "Interested in" file.

In fact, many of these girls openly state that they're in "polyamorous" or "open" relationships, and are looking for another guy to fill in when their main BF is unavailable.

I really don't think there's any risk of me breaking these girls' hearts.