My Husband Got Up And Left

• Author
Wheremyheartis

I've been missing my husband a lot. Around this time of year we always used to go shopping, to get ready for summer. We'd shop for flowers together (more like I dragged him along) and put in a garden. We'd set up the badminton net, and have frequent BBQs.

On Friday night, we exchanged some text messages. I had unblocked him and I know I shouldn't have but I really had been missing him. They were short and not with a lot of emotion but they help me feel a little better.

My husband is doing really well in therapy and working on himself and I'm happy for him. He hasn't directly out asked if I'd consider giving him another chance especially after I told him no. But he has been dropping subtle hints. I know he misses me too.

This morning I had the worst bawl-fest to date. I got an invitation in the mail from a close friend to attend her wedding. She had been one of my bridesmaids. She asked me a few weeks after she got engaged (which was a few weeks after my marriage fell apart) if I wanted to be a bridesmaid. I explained to her what was going on and that I didn't want to shine a big dark shadow over her wedding, so I gracefully passed. After I received the letter, I cried. I started swearing and getting really really mad. I even wrote a very mean, very raw text message I was going to send to my husband but I stopped. I'm a little better now, but I'm just so down in the dumps.