, need insight!

Hi everyone, hope this is posted in the right place. My situation is there is a guy that I have been acquaintances with for some time now. We have gotten to know each other better within the past couple of months from us being around each other more often. One night about 3 months ago we ended up making out at our mutual friends party. Since then we have been texting each other every day. I have developed feelings for this person and he says he has for me too. He told me that he has feelings for me that he hasnt had for anyone in a really long time, he also tells me that he thinks about me ALL of the time and how he misses me and loves being around me. We have made out a few times since the first time, never have had sex though even though we have come close. I figured since he has told me all of this we might be ready to take it to the next level, so we have talked about relationships. He says he wants to be in a relationship with me but doesnt want to ruin our friendship if we were to ever break up. So I told him to forget about it, then the next day he asks if I want to be friends with benefits. So I am confused as to whether he even likes me at all. Any advice? I should also mention that since we have started texting I did find out through our mutual friends that he hooked up with someone else, so I figured there wasnt a chance with us so I did go on a date with someone. When he found out I went on a date he stopped talking to me for 2 days because he said he was mad and jealous.

Oh, no. No. Before you got to the part he wants to be friends with benefits, I was already asking myself "Where's the part where he takes her on dates??" Afraid to lose you as a friend is a lot of hooey. He just doesn't want a real girlfriend. He just wants sex and no responsibilities and obligations. Just because he was jealous doesn't mean anything. He's just judging you, that's all. For dating. See, if he can find some way to judge you and start thinking you're someone who just messes around, then he can more easily justify his own behavior. Since you have other people to date, I'd suggest you do that and only that because keeping him around as a sex buddy you're interested in will only keep other guys from wanting to get invested with you. Don't let him hang around and keep you from dating someone who wants to take you on dates and get to know you and wants a girlfriend instead of a sex partner.