longest relationship yet...is it worth it?

SweetCharity

THAT IS WHAT I'M DOING. I AM NOT FORCING ANTHING. I am leaving him alone even though he's still texting me. Where are you getting this from that I am forcing things?

Where are you getting this from that I am forcing things? -- He told you you were rushing things . . . and you are stressing over it all.

• Author
Where are you getting this from that I am forcing things? -- He told you you were rushing things . . . and you are stressing over it all.

Yes, I'm stressing out over it...in private. He doesn't know exactly how upset I was by it. And I should be. After two months of dating and making me meet his parents he's telling me I'M rushing things? That's not even remotely fair.

P.S. He's the one talking about going away for the weekend next January. What am I supposed to do? Break up with him?

So what if he's going away for the weekend in January? He's still got a life. You need to get one too.

And, yeah, I'd break up with him, even though there isn't anything to break up from.

Almost everyone here is telling you that this is not what you think it is.

Yes, I'm stressing out over it...in private. He doesn't know exactly how upset I was by it. And I should be. After two months of dating and making me meet his parents he's telling me I'M rushing things? That's not even remotely fair.

This is the very reason that meeting parents/family shouldn't really happen until a relationship is firmly rooted. And, some guys do not put the emphasis on that event in terms of defining a relationship that a woman would. He was unwise to do that so soon.

I think I read too that this guy isn't even divorced yet . . . I may be wrong . . . but if that's true, let this one go for your own good.

• Author
So what if he's going away for the weekend in January? He's still got a life. You need to get one too.

And, yeah, I'd break up with him, even though there isn't anything to break up from.

Almost everyone here is telling you that this is not what you think it is.

I meant going away for the weekend with me because his mom told him she was buying a trip for us in Orlando. You need to stop saying I'm not In a relationship. He and I established we are in a serious relationship.

I meant going away for the weekend with me because his mom told him she was buying a trip for us in Orlando. You need to stop saying I'm not In a relationship. He and I established we are in a serious relationship.

He and I established we are in a serious relationship -- yeah, but he has back peddled and so should you.

YOU think you are in a serious relationship -- he isn't treating it or you that way which is the reason you are here. When you stop deluding yourself, you will be able to see the writing on the wall.

Everyone here is telling you basically to stop thinking about this as a real relationship right now and back off a bit.

I wouldn't go to Orlando with him either. This would be part of the slow down plan . . .