How can a girl make the first move?

Girls need to be subtle :) Ask to walk with him....be nice. Say nice things to the guy that aren't clothing compliments but something related to their behavior.

• 2 weeks later...
Girls need to be subtle :) Ask to walk with him....be nice. Say nice things to the guy that aren't clothing compliments but something related to their behavior.

Why be subtle?

JustGettingBy
The confession was the problem. It's too much pressure. Neither gender needs to open with "I have had a crush on you for the longest time." The only thing worse that that is an ILY out of left field when you are not dating the person.

Never ever confess. It's OK to flirt. It's even OK to make the 1st move & do the asking but keep it neutral. "Do you want to grab a drink with me on Tuesday?" Verbally vomiting your intimate feelings makes sane people run because it makes it seem like you have no boundaries. Asking for the date by definition implies that you are romantically interested in the person. There is no need to beat them over the head with that fact.

IDK what to think of this. I was pretty straight forward in telling a woman I was friends with my feels because she didn't understand my 'hints', and she would have taken 'grab a drink with me' as friendly. But, yeah, similar to the OPs situation with her guy friend, this one turned out kinda ugly.

Thx! I were almost lead to believe being assertive is a bad thing ^^

I do sweat a lot over which battle to choose though! It's like I have a wardrobe of possible troubles and always have to "wear" the best :p

The book looks nice! Thx for the suggestion :) (I didn't know it was so obvious I'm an introvert, lol)

I think you were misled as to what qualifies as 'assertive'. Assertive simply means standing up for yourself, your wants and needs or your beliefs without being a jerk about it. That is never a bad thing. Aggressive is usually pretty off-putting (some people may be mixing up assertive with aggressive) and passive can make you a doormat. Assertive is the place in between.