A question for Christians.

BetheButterfly
So, we are told "Jesus died for our sins". He is the savior of mankind; the only path to redemption, we are told.

But why couldn't God just forgive our sins without condemning his son to a bloody human sacrifice in the middle east???

I mean, we are presumably talking about the divine here. The pinnacle of morality. The pinnacle of righteousness. We are talking about an entity that is said to be omnipotent.

So again, why not just just forgive mankind his sins, and skip the whole torture and crucifixion of his son?

That's an awesome question and one I've asked myself.

God could just forgive sins without Isaiah 53 being fulfilled, and without the animal sacrifices which He commanded the Children of Israel to do (Leviticus). However, God has His own way of doing things.

He doesn't think like humans do. Compared to God, humans are like grasshoppers (Isaiah 40:22).

People don't like to think about that so much, but Michio Kaku has some thought-provoking ideas concerning different types of alien life. (One could say that God is "alien" because He was not created on earth; He is the Creator of life on earth.) Using Kaku's categories, one could say that God is a "type 4 civilization" being whereas we are type 0 lol :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBhku9M3RKQ

While I disagree with Michio Kaku's ideas, I do believe the following is how God views humans in 1 way:

"If you walk down a country road and you see an ant hill, do you go down to the ants and say, 'I bring you trinkets. I bring you beads. I give you nuclear energy. Take me to your leader?' Or, maybe you step on a few of them. Maybe we're simply not that interesting." (6:45 of the video)

Michio Kaku said the above as a potential answer to the question he asks about why advanced civilizations "don't talk to us" (6:28).

God is greater than humans and does not think how humans do. One one hand, we are like grasshoppers or ants compared to Him. On the other hand:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16 (NIV)

While God allows pain and suffering in the world, to me it is so beautiful how He came into His Creation via Jesus Christ and felt suffering like His Creation does, and through Jesus Christ gives eternal life to those who believe!

Do I understand why many people don't believe in God or believe in Jesus Christ? Sure! However, the only reason I am not an Atheist today is because of my personal relationship with Jesus Christ, who suffered and died for us, rose from the dead, and is returning again!