Christmas:Pagan or Biblical?

Who'd have thunk that this would have turned into a theological debate :-P

Well I wouldn't call it that unless you want to, I've just read the Bible a few times is all.

Hie ALL.

My question goes as follows; Is celebrating Christmas good in the eyes of Jehovah God?

IMHO, it is neither here nor there as long as celebrating does not seer your conscience or you do not consider yourself better or worse than a fellow brother or sister for observing or not observing.

Romans 14

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him.

One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Um no.

Nice cutoff for the quote though. What it says is '56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day, and he saw it and was glad.” 57 Then the Jewish leaders asked him, “You are not even 50 years old, yet you have seen Abraham?”'

So "you're not OLD enough to have known Abraham, son" would be the loose translation.

Why 50? Hard to be sure but 50 was an age where Hebrew men were considered for more influential religious positions, and they, who were in that position, may have wanted to not-so-subtly point that out.

Oh, very good! Nice way of twisting the Bible's words to suit your own interpretation. I like that.

:rolleyes:

Jesus was from Oxford i believe.

Those Pagan rituals involving pigs head etc....

`Bullingdon boy`

And "Jeeeeezuzkerrist!!" is a common expletive when the tree topples over under the sheer weight of lights, baubles, tinsel and the damn overweight fairy at the top....

Its sure not something christian.

As far as i know its a witchcraft celebration, the christmas tree and ligths , the date, the gifts under the tree and all of that have their pagan meaning. Its not just decorations! Its all well thought about!, so they could seduce the christians and all others into paganism.

Its a adoration to the devil.(one of his gods).

They mixed all this jesus crib and ect. to get the christians behind it and their support.

But the truth is God say not to have status ect. of Him. But believe and accept Him in your heart.

Many christians dont know this celebration is not Gods.

I see it more as a family day without all the tree and stuff ect. or you can use it as a christian as a day to do something special for the ones in need or one more day to spreed the massage in different ways.

Since everyone more open those days to listing to a good massage.

Its sure not something christian.

As far as i know its a witchcraft celebration, the christmas tree and ligths , the date, the gifts under the tree and all of that have their pagan meaning. Its not just decorations! Its all well thought about!, so they could seduce the christians and all others into paganism.

Its a adoration to the devil.(one of his gods).

They mixed all this jesus crib and ect. to get the christians behind it and their support.

Which Marilyn Manson song did you get all that from.

• Like 2
Which Marilyn Manson song did you get all that from.

"What a load of baubles".

You know the one.... it starts off -

'Christmas is pagan, y'all heard me say

it's a satanic rite on a cold winter's daaaay!'

• Like 2
It was the decorations to seduce the christians part which made me go :-O

I would have thought this would have been more effective....

It was the decorations to seduce the christians part which made me go :-O

It's a well known PUA technique. Spray yourself with glue, roll in some pine needles and pine cones, cover yourself in lights and baubles, put a star (or fairydoll) atop your head and you can't fail to get laid. I'm surprised it doesn't get discussed more often on here.

• Like 2
My innocent naive eyes feel truly violated.

(At least take your hand out of your pocket when you say that...)

There's someone out there for everyone!

That's so true. I forgot to consider the Festive Fetishists or the Christmas Crackers....

Not both of them, surely.

Ambidextrous...?

Now you're just bragging.

Who's gonna want to screw a green porcupine - ?!

It could be seen as an assertion of Pagan values. "Screw Leviticus 18:23 (I googled that), I'm going to have some spiky animal love this festive season. With the extra thrill of knowing I could be electrocuted at any moment by its fairylights."

It could be seen as an assertion of Pagan values. "Screw Leviticus 18:23 (I googled that), I'm going to have some spiky animal love this festive season. With the extra thrill of knowing I could be electrocuted at any moment by its fairylights."

Yea and it came to pass.... Just like the brussel sprouts.

Correcting Popular Misconceptions about Jesus Christ's birth ? ChristianAnswers.Net

Christmas may have had pagan origins, although God turned it to His glory- like He does everything:)

I beg to differ. But then, that would be sensible, and this thread is anything but...... :laugh:

• Like 2

Since this thread has started to look like a Facebook Montage and isn't serving a legitimate discussion, closed. ~ V