Reality or Mixed up

John Doe

While talking to a friend of the mine the other day about the birds and the bee`s. He told me his thoughts on love.

Now, what he said got me thinking. I don`t feel he`s on the right path with what he said, but I would just like others views on his concept.

He said " No matter what anyone says, he believes that a woman never loves a man in the same way as a man loves a woman".

Now the vibe he gave me about this was a negative one, like a woman will never be able to give what she recieves and she doesn`t really have the capacity to love in the way a man wants to be loved.

I know this may be true to an limited extent, but in my eyes a woman enjoys a man as much as a man enjoys her. Obviously men and women are different in a lot of respects, but he`s left me with the impression that deep deep down a woman will never fall in love with a man, like a man falls in love with a woman.

Its doing my head in thinking about it, maybe I`m just paranoid, but I wish I`d never met this guy EVER, maybe he`s over loaded my brain with a question that cannot be answered.

Women hurt don`t they? when a relationship ends. Its like he meant all women deep down are cold creatures. Its definately the vibe I got. Is he screwed up or am I for considering this too much???

In my head its like a unsolvable mathematical equation, and very soon my heads gonna start smoking and my brains gonna implode.

The more I think about it, the more I think he`s full of sh*t, but I`d just like a few other perspectives. Besides his.

Anyone (including you nice compassionate women) want to contribute to this philosopical question.

Thanks......

I'd be curious how birds and bees to u guys to the subject of love but anyways...

I don't think he's right... I mean i've never been a man, esp. a man who's in love, so i can't compare that to when i'm in love as a girl... but women certainly are really sensitive, emotional, etc. Duh, they hurt when they break up! That view is funny to hear because that's what girls often say - that guys don't know what's true love.

Well, my Qn is - does anyone know??? Is it even possible to know?

My guess is not everyone falls in love in their life-time...

But i dont think the possibility of falling in love has anything to do with gender...

I generally dislike those sharp differences people put between genders... Most people have some of each, so it's so dangerous to generalize...

I think a lot of differences are created by the society, and when a girl grows up hearing girls are sensitive, she tries to act that way, and vice versa with boys... Not always I guess...

dunna... there u go though - u asked for some thoughts!...

I think your friend is mixed up. I don't know if the WAY a woman loves a man is the same as vice versa, but I CAN say that of course women have the capacity to love. We are human too, afterall!

And yes we hurt when relationships end, maybe even more than men do! Women, I think, are by nature more emotional than men...

While talking to a friend of the mine the other day about the birds and the bee`s. He told me his thoughts on love. Now, what he said got me thinking. I don`t feel he`s on the right path with what he said, but I would just like others views on his concept.

He said " No matter what anyone says, he believes that a woman never loves a man in the same way as a man loves a woman". Now the vibe he gave me about this was a negative one, like a woman will never be able to give what she recieves and she doesn`t really have the capacity to love in the way a man wants to be loved. I know this may be true to an limited extent, but in my eyes a woman enjoys a man as much as a man enjoys her. Obviously men and women are different in a lot of respects, but he`s left me with the impression that deep deep down a woman will never fall in love with a man, like a man falls in love with a woman. Its doing my head in thinking about it, maybe I`m just paranoid, but I wish I`d never met this guy EVER, maybe he`s over loaded my brain with a question that cannot be answered. Women hurt don`t they? when a relationship ends. Its like he meant all women deep down are cold creatures. Its definately the vibe I got. Is he screwed up or am I for considering this too much??? In my head its like a unsolvable mathematical equation, and very soon my heads gonna start smoking and my brains gonna implode. The more I think about it, the more I think he`s full of sh*t, but I`d just like a few other perspectives. Besides his. Anyone (including you nice compassionate women) want to contribute to this philosopical question. Thanks......

He said " No matter what anyone says, he believes that a woman never loves a man in the same way as a man loves a woman".

what a crock of s***. he does need a reality check. the capacity to love is not something that is more or less prominent to either gender. we as humans all have the capacity to love - on small levels and on great levels (i.e. unconditional love).

but he`s left me with the impression that deep deep down a woman will never fall in love with a man, like a man falls in love with a woman.

again, see my comment above.

Its doing my head in thinking about it, maybe I`m just paranoid, but I wish I`d never met this guy EVER, maybe he`s over loaded my brain with a question that cannot be answered.

don't let it do your head in. i can't help but wonder if this guy knows he has a huge capacity to love, but is afraid someone will not love him in the same way? i sense that he would love for a woman to love him unconditionally but is afraid of not receiving that love, while he gives that kind of love to her.

Women hurt don`t they? when a relationship ends. Its like he meant all women deep down are cold creatures. Its definately the vibe I got. Is he screwed up or am I for considering this too much???

damn women do hurt!! women hurt just as much as the next person. i'm still hurting from ex and he broke up with me at the end of last year!! is that not an example of a woman's capacity to love?

The more I think about it, the more I think he`s full of sh*t, but I`d just like a few other perspectives. Besides his.

his perspective is warped. there are some women out there who don't have a great capacity to love. there are also some men out there who don't have a great capacity to love.

on the other hand, there are many women out there who have the capacity to love unconditionally, and the same goes for men.

i loved my ex unconditionally. i loved everything about him, even the things that used to annoy me sometimes. i loved him so much that when he said he wanted out of the relationship, i let him go. it broke my heart, and i am still not over him - because i loved him so much.

DON'T LET THIS SCREW YOU UP!!!! (and all this is said by a girl who has a HUGE capacity for love and who feels pain just as much as the next person).

He said " No matter what anyone says, he believes that a woman never loves a man in the same way as a man loves a woman". what a crock of s***. he does need a reality check. the capacity to love is not something that is more or less prominent to either gender. we as humans all have the capacity to love - on small levels and on great levels (i.e. unconditional love). but he`s left me with the impression that deep deep down a woman will never fall in love with a man, like a man falls in love with a woman.

again, see my comment above. Its doing my head in thinking about it, maybe I`m just paranoid, but I wish I`d never met this guy EVER, maybe he`s over loaded my brain with a question that cannot be answered. don't let it do your head in. i can't help but wonder if this guy knows he has a huge capacity to love, but is afraid someone will not love him in the same way? i sense that he would love for a woman to love him unconditionally but is afraid of not receiving that love, while he gives that kind of love to her. Women hurt don`t they? when a relationship ends. Its like he meant all women deep down are cold creatures. Its definately the vibe I got. Is he screwed up or am I for considering this too much??? damn women do hurt!! women hurt just as much as the next person. i'm still hurting from ex and he broke up with me at the end of last year!! is that not an example of a woman's capacity to love? The more I think about it, the more I think he`s full of sh*t, but I`d just like a few other perspectives. Besides his. his perspective is warped. there are some women out there who don't have a great capacity to love. there are also some men out there who don't have a great capacity to love. on the other hand, there are many women out there who have the capacity to love unconditionally, and the same goes for men. i loved my ex unconditionally. i loved everything about him, even the things that used to annoy me sometimes. i loved him so much that when he said he wanted out of the relationship, i let him go. it broke my heart, and i am still not over him - because i loved him so much. DON'T LET THIS SCREW YOU UP!!!! (and all this is said by a girl who has a HUGE capacity for love and who feels pain just as much as the next person).

Yip, thanks everyone for reinforcing my insecurities on this subject, it is what I think.

This guy lost his mother two years ago and maybe he`s looking for his mothers love in a girlfriend (which he`ll never find). This I`m sure is a considerable factor in his somewhat GRIM outlook of life and love...

I`ll have to learn to take him with a little pinch of salt in future because he`s quite a dominant character, and over time I`m afraid he might rub off on me TOO much.

But thanks for clarifying this matter...

John Doe aka Philip