Caught red handed or text auto-correction ?

Gaeta

He can lay it on pretty thick but his smoke screen is pretty thin lol. As they say, you can see right through him. lol

What do you think about his behavior in general though?

Was not there so can't say. Sending another msg might just be his way of asking for a response, if she didn't respond to the first one, or who knows. I know I've been accused of stuff I never did by my (ex) wife and a couple GFs, so I'm not going to convict based on such scanty evidence.

I will say if this is how she's planning to treat him, they shouldn't torture each other any further.

So I guess we agree, sort of.

• Author

I don't think auto correct would change I just arrived by I just woke up.

There were exactly 2 minutes between text 1 and 2 it's not like he waited 15 minutes and decided to text again.

Unbelievable the shenanigan some of these men try on women.

One of my friends told me something I believe is correct. He's an online dater too. He said my main problem are other online women, most of them will accept those stupid excuses so it's become the norm.

• Like 1

The French verb for awaken is réveiller and for arrive is arriver. It's possible he doesn't speak French fluently, messing up the verbs in an attempt to impress you with the French version, then the inept English translation.

But the way you've described the date and the mess up, puts him into the category of socially awkward guy trying to be a player or far more smooth than he is.

• Author
The French verb for awaken is réveiller and for arrive is arriver. It's possible he doesn't speak French fluently, messing up the verbs in an attempt to impress you with the French version, then the inept English translation.

But the way you've described the date and the mess up, puts him into the category of socially awkward guy trying to be a player or far more smooth than he is.

French is both of us our native language. Him and I always communicate in french. His first message meant to me was in French. His second message in English was meant for another woman.

• Like 1
Also, wtf is he calling you "sweetie" already after one date? Gross.

Yeah exactly. Even if it really was an auto correct mistake (and I don't buy that, makes no sense anyway to send another message to his 'darling') this would put me right off.

Oh, just saw he told you he loved you? After one date...

Ffs, the multi dating and lying is the least of his problems!!

Edited by joseb
  • Like 1
One of my friends told me something I believe is correct. He's an online dater too. He said my main problem are other online women, most of them will accept those stupid excuses so it's become the norm.

Not just women - it's human nature to want to be believe in low margin possibilities when we've made an investment in sth. Exploiting that is bscly how cons the world over have made a living since the beginning of time.

The French verb for awaken is réveiller and for arrive is arriver. It's possible he doesn't speak French fluently ...

Or fat fingered something in-between and auto-correct picked the wrong correction. But no, that can't possibly be it.

• Author

Oh, just saw he told you he loved you? After one date...

Ffs, the multi dating and lying is the least of his problems!!

Oh no no no dear, not after our 1st date, BEFORE. About 30 SECONDS after we sat at our table he said he was already in love with me lol.

You are a strong believer in multi dating, so not sure what you 'caught' him at. Some guys are too spineless to come right out and say they are dating others, or assume everyone is doing it, and so stuff like this leaks out. Meh. It does seem weak to not own up though.

As far as the "I love you" stuff.. Well, I am not French, but don't you guys do this ridiculous, over the top romantic stuff all the time?

I swear, I had the most fun with a fellow grad student (from France) who would flirt shamelessly and say the craziest things. I'd just laugh and roll my eyes. He'd laugh too... Then I'd say something equally ridiculous back. Totally harmless and so not serious.

• Like 2
Oh no no no dear, not after our 1st date, BEFORE. About 30 SECONDS after we sat at our table he said he was already in love with me lol.

He couldn't have possibly been trying for a compliment and ice breaker I guess, nope. Had to be some sinister plan from the word go, absolutely. Lucky you got out alive.

Seriously, I now believe you made the best choice for all concerned - drop him.

JustGettingBy

Yes, but why would he start off speaking French and then switch to English for the next text? They were obviously meant to be sent to different people.

• Like 1
He couldn't have possibly been trying for a compliment and ice breaker I guess, nope. Had to be some sinister plan from the word go, absolutely. Lucky you got out alive.

Seriously, I now believe you made the best choice for all concerned - drop him.

Unless he was making some kind of in joke we are not aware of, telling someone you just met that you are in love with them is not an icebreaker or compliment any well adjusted person would make.

• Like 1

I would have said, "So we can go to Tiffanys tomorrow then? For Breakfast?" lol

• Like 6
Yes, but why would he start off speaking French and then switch to English for the next text? They were obviously meant to be sent to different people.

I do that after drinking a lot of French Champagne:laugh:

• Like 1

To Gaeta...

How would you feel if after the mistake text he owned up and said oops. Wrong person. Would you be ok with that?

Just curious.

• Author
To Gaeta...

How would you feel if after the mistake text he owned up and said oops. Wrong person. Would you be ok with that?

Just curious.

No not at all. He's a player.

After he told me he was in love with me I looked at him and said: Really?

He replied OH yes! I'm like this, I fall in love at first sight. He then said: Do you know how many times in a day I go online just to look at your profile pictures?? I go 10s times a day.

I replied: Oh so you must have noticed I deleted my profile a week ago right?

Awkward moment for him lol

He then said: You did?? ok I will delete mine too then.

• Like 2

So I am asking around. Phones do that? And a phone would auto correct in 2 languages? I am septic. I know his phone is set to auto-correct in French because his phone always change my name for a similar French word. Him and I always text in French in the past so why send me an English text.

While auto-correct is my nemesis, and will sometimes give me the French word instead of the English, it doesn't give me a whole different sentence in French or English for that matter--thank God!

I think he's full of BS. If he got caught then why insist so much in proving me wrong? We just met once.

Oui. N'import quoi.

• Like 1

He replied OH yes! I'm like this, I fall in love at first sight. He then said: Do you know how many times in a day I go online just to look at your profile pictures?? I go 10s times a day.

Ooooooooh... to paraphrase Beyonce: he must not know about you, huh?

• Like 2

Oh, this is golden. Thank you for the laugh.

• Like 1
The French verb for awaken is réveiller and for arrive is arriver.

Reveiller is a reflexive verb. In a sentence, it has to reflect back on the person, so it would have to use se or me--as one se reveiller. From the looks of what Gaeta wrote, he wasn't saying that. Auto correct wouldn't correct for that, at least not on my Android.

Gaeta said:

1st text: I just got home sweetie (in French)

{je viens juste de rentrer à chez moi} No reflexive.

Right away this second text comes in from him: Hello baby, I just woke up, how are you darling? (in English)

{Bonjour bébé, je me suis réveillé, ça va darling} Me is reflecting on "I just woke myself up".

He didn't change who he was talking to and got Buuuuuuuuusssssttttteeeeedddd!!!!

• Author
Reveiller is a reflexive verb. In a sentence, it has to reflect back on the person, so it would have to use se or me--as one se reveiller. From the looks of what Gaeta wrote, he wasn't saying that. Auto correct wouldn't correct for that, at least not on my Android.

Gaeta said:

{je viens juste de rentrer à chez moi} No reflexive.

{Bonjour bébé, je me suis réveillé, ça va darling} Me is reflecting on "I just woke myself up".

He didn't change who he was talking to and got Buuuuuuuuusssssttttteeeeedddd!!!!

I must ask: French immersion school? :-)

• Author

A reminder the auto-correction was his text in English.

He says his phone auto-correct 'I have just arrived' ' with ' I have just woken up'. In English.

He just text me!! He thinks he can still play this??