Female friend likes me but I see her as a friend and I am in a healthy relationship.

Mind-Chants

If you really want to think , think how you are betraying your gf ( yes, you are, emotionally!). It won't be long before she walks away for good because you couldn't handle a female ' friend in distress' ! How are you going to stand by your gf if you can't even handle that woman !

Will you please stop with these bollocks? :confused:

The guy is completely transparent about all that is happening. Give him a freaking break!

@Mind-Chants: you are too nice for your own good. People will always take advantage. Be aware of that.

You did your best to help her. If you or your girlfriend ever get in contact with her, let her know that she is on her own. Remind her that she is causing your unnecessary suffering, which is not consistent with somebody who claims to love you.

It's time for her to live her life and stay away from you.

The father is an irresponsible parent who failed in his duties and is looking for somebody else to blame. If he ever threatens you again, make sure your lawyer takes care of him with absolute ruthlessness. Send him to jail if you have to.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix quote
Scarlett.O'hara

Wow, I can't believe they are still trying to drag you into this drama! She could have told her parents any made up story about you. If she is delusional, all beats are off. The greatest love story ever, who knows?

I commend you for refusing to engage with her (which is exactly what she wants). The point is this obsession has crossed a line. You are being intimidated and threatened. This has nothing to do with you and they have no right to involve you.

I urge you to go to the police and take out a restraining order on both her and her father.

This has to stop.

• Like 1
  • Author

Heracles and Scarlett : I do plan to send a legal notice to the party (her father) concerned through my lawyer detailing all the things and legal implications. I also intend to do background on her father to build a solid case in case things turn nasty. As suggested I have also asked my lawyer to convey "M" through legal channel to stop all kinds of communication with me. Just feeling sorry for myself that I helped someone and this is how I got paid back.

Moreover the last quarter (Jan - March 16) of the FY is going to be real hectic for me and I don't intend to get involved in any significant legal mess for now. If things escalate any further, I would definitely involve law enforcement. As of now precautions are in place. I am dropping and picking up my gf to her workplace. Since we live together, security in-house is not an issue.

Look, she's a mentally unstable stalker. You are absolutely doing the right thing having gone NC and having the lawyer notify her you want no more contact. Now if she breaches this and tries to contact you or your gf, you can go file a restraining order. I see no grounds whatever that her dad could possibly have any legal basis for blaming you for anything. He just doesn't want to face it that his daughter is nuts. I'm glad you involved an attorney. This should give you peace of mind. Do NOT feel guilty. She is mentally imbalanced. It's about her, not you. She probably obsesses over a different guy every few years. The best thing for her is no contact and getting a notice you want no contact will offend her and hopefully drive home the fact she is spinning her wheels for nothing and maybe stop her. If not - restraining order on you and your gf. So sorry this is happening. I have had a stalker and I know how other people do not take it seriously and just how stressful it truly is.

• Author

Legal notices sent today in two separate letters addressed one to "M" and another to her father. Let's see how things move ahead now.

BTW Happy New Year LS Community.

• Like 1

I am not surprised you came around and did the right thing. Making sure that you have video of M's dad threatening you on your doorstep was the coup de grace for the police, I'm sure.

It's so good that LS keeps threads.....for a very long time. Your story is inspirational, people can learn a lot.

Happy New Year Mind-Chants

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Things are looking good as of now. Other than an accidental encounter with "M" 's father at the mall, everything else is fine.

On the bright side, I got engaged. :) Snuck in both of our families in the middle of night and woke her up in middle of her sleep to propose.:laugh: Yes, she took ages to come to her senses and realize what was going on. Even thought it was a dream. :laugh: Had to sprinkle water to her face. :lmao::lmao:

Congratulations!! Now that you got rid of the "extra baggage," you two will have a wonderful life! I'm so glad the letter was enough to keep "M" at bay. It isn't always. Stay alert, but a certain amount of them will have enough fear of police or legal repercussions to back down. Fingers crossed. If there is the slightest attempt at contact, shut it down immediately through the attorney or police. I know this is a burden off you and so happy for you and your lucky lady because you are a good compassionate guy.