Does a gentleman ask permission?

IronZ

TunaInTheBrine
I'm speaking of kissing of course. Smooching. Planting one on her.

Ladies, strictly on the first date, would you prefer a man to ask for a kiss at the end or to just go for it? I know most of you will say go for it because it's so much more romantic, but what if there hasn't been any buildup to that? I feel that unless there's some flirty or physical connection during the date, that it's weird to just slap your lips on hers at the end.

On a personal level I've had success with both. I just wanted to get another perspective on this.

It's all about context. Many times, I just go for it, preferably at a moment that is not typical where it feels pressured or expected.

Last night, I was out going from one bar to a second bar with a date. On the walk, while we were joking/flirting, I leaned in to kiss her literally midway while she was talking and interrupted her. She kept talking afterward, and then midway during my own response I kissed her again, then stopped and kept talking. Repeat. We weren't talking about kissing or anything sexual at all, but the interaction was incredibly sexually charged, so it worked. Other times I've done a really close lean in and let her come the rest of the way (haha, I'm thinking of the movie 'Hitch' -

).

Sometimes I verbalize it, but again, it depends on what feels right in the moment. I once said to a woman, "I want to see how you kiss". Come to think of it, even when I've verbalized the kiss, I never ask her permission. I let her know what is going to happen, and then come in real close.

In short, my advice is generally to do it when the energy is good, when it feels unexpected, preferably in private, in a way that feels natural to the moment, and never ask permission even if you choose to verbalize it - but always leave a tiny space of room between her mouth and yours so she can choose to decline.

Edited by TunaInTheBrine