Guys, my guy friend claims he avoids me due to blueballs. Is this even a real reason?

fubbydubby

I agree w/the majority of what everyone else says. When a guy wants to pursue a woman the chase and "closing the deal" is part of the fun, and you'd be surprised how long some men will be willing to do this for. But eventually if the goods aren't delivered we give up.

From your description of him he sounds like a pathological cheater! Perhaps his friendship for a while really was genuine, but his end goal in his mind was not to have a long close friendship with you. He wanted to have sex with you.

Saying he has "blue balls" and that's why he's pulling back is just one last stab at trying to sleep with you. "I'm backing off because you won't have sex with me" kind of sounds a little like blackmail to me since he's evidently aware that the friendship was important to you.

He's getting his leg over with different women and probably his poor long suffering wife too, I doubt he has blue anything. But he might have one or two other nasty things hidden within his balls and the surrounding area.

100% this. Blueballs, he ain't got, because he's acting on every lame impulse he has at everyone else's expense.

• Author
I think the other posters are probably right on the mark. But here's another idea which follows along the lines of him actually caring for you.

It's possible that the friendship did mean a lot to him. But it's gotten to the stage that he really wants to have sex with you and can't manage being constantly aroused when with you knowing that no release will happen. *For him* this has gotten way beyond friendship and he needs to walk away.

Thanks for your response. Do you think though that he could just easily release his sexual frustration with his wife, another woman or by himself?

What can I say to him to get the truth? I just want to hear closure from him so I could know what to do with these feelings of confusion and pain

He's not interested in telling you the truth. He's interested in getting laid and not interested in being friends or giving you closure. Of course he's already getting laid, and by everyone he can talk into it. He doesn't have blueballs. He is just writing you off because you won't have sex with him. It couldn't be clearer, so what shred of hope can you possibly be holding onto??? Are you just hoping he'll make up a pretty little lie to sooth your feelings? What would he have to say or do to make you move on?