How to snap hubby out of it?

One of the things I miss about Dr Laura Schlesinger no longer being a syndicated radio host is she was one of the first people to tell it like it is about when adult men take up with much younger women.

Young women think that these men are smitten with them because they are young and pretty and sexy and the women their age are old and frumpy and frigid.

The truth is 35 year old men that walk away from their wives for 23 year olds are frail, immature, insecure man-boys of poor character and mature women can smell them a like away and won't tolerate their crap.

Your husband is a man-child or poor character who doesn't want to take accountability of his actions and has the self control and reasoning ability of a 13 year old.

You were duped. You were young, naive and inexperienced enough that you thought you were getting a prince because you were prettier and more sexy and loving than his wife.

But in reality you got the town fool that couldn't maintain a healthy and stable relationship with his wife and family.

Now it may have been true that his wife was no longer attracted to him and no longer wanted him and was treating him thusly. But that is because she could no longer take his immaturity and irresponsibility and lost respect for him.

You will soon do the same because this is a glimpse of what your life will become.

• Like 1

So you basically started fooling around with a MM when you were about 20, right?. He had 3 kids and following your threat /ultimatum he left his wife and 3 kids..... why don't you think he'll do the same to you?

He is a selfish man, who doesn't want his Ex to be happy like he is....or then again is he really happy with you. Do you see the selfish hypocrisy of your husband here?

BTW I'm not sure why the divorce doesn't allow him visitation and he has to keep her sweet. Lots of Exes hook up and sleep together... it's no biggie to them... but it looks like she's happy with her new man.

If she has any sense she'll stop him dropping round willy nilly... you're right that her fiancé won't want that.

I say tough sh** to your H. He'll have to suck it up. Some advice for you....... I know you have young kids but you need to think about how you can be financially independent...... your biggest concern is finding another man to support you and your kids.

On the bright side.. I'm sure he won't want to pay CS for 5 kids...

But beware he doesn't get smitten with another young girl in a few years time.