My boyfriend gets mad over nothing

amkxoxo

• Author

I question if he is bi-polar. He changes from one minute to the next. He will be yelling at me and mad, then he wants to kiss me goodbye. It makes no sense. He is a good man. I don't mean to make him out to be a monster, he has done great caring things for me and that is why I love him. But I cannot deal with anger. My dad has a temper and he will take it out on my mom. I will not deal with that behavior from any man, especially when we have been together such a short time. I was sick with a bad cold. I still made it a point to attend and participate in every birthday activity he wanted to do. I wanted to be at home resting, but I knew how important it was to him, so I took some medication and tried to have a great time with him. I don't feel it was fair to be so mad at me, and tell me I am incapable of saying sorry when he feels bad. I did not say sorry because what I did wasn't something to be sorry about. Why it made him feel bad? I do not know. But he cannot say I deserved how he treated me when I was present and supportive for everything he wanted to do.

Yes, and he did throw one of the gifts at me. A nice leather wallet, that I knew he needed and wanted. His was falling apart. I also got him a hat and a brand new outfit so he could look nice. He threw the wallet down on the floor at my feet. Later on he told me to pick it up. Trust me, the yelling started up again after that. I'm not his fu**ing slave.

Edited by amkxoxo
I question if he is bi-polar. He changes from one minute to the next. He will be yelling at me and mad, then he wants to kiss me goodbye. It makes no sense. He is a good man. I don't mean to make him out to be a monster, he has done great caring things for me and that is why I love him. But I cannot deal with anger. My dad has a temper and he will take it out on my mom. I will not deal with that behavior from any man, especially when we have been together such a short time. I was sick with a bad cold. I still made it a point to attend and participate in every birthday activity he wanted to do. I wanted to be at home resting, but I knew how important it was to him, so I took some medication and tried to have a great time with him. I don't feel it was fair to be so mad at me, and tell me I am incapable of saying sorry when he feels bad. I did not say sorry because what I did wasn't something to be sorry about. Why it made him feel bad? I do not know. But he cannot say I deserved how he treated me when I was present and supportive for everything he wanted to do.

Yes, and he did throw one of the gifts at me. A nice leather wallet, that I knew he needed and wanted. His was falling apart. I also got him a hat and a brand new outfit so he could look nice. He threw the wallet down on the floor at my feet. Later on he told me to pick it up. Trust me, the yelling started up again after that. I'm not his fu**ing slave.

He sounds horrible and abusive.... which begs the question. Why do you "choose" to stay with him?

That's on you.

I am finding it difficult to have much sympathy here as you are the one choosing to remain in this toxic and dysfunctional sad excuse for a relationship...

But whateves, it's your life.

• Like 2
gift something interesting to him' date=' so that he will feel your love for him.[/quote']

translation: reward his bad behavior.

Um... no.

ANOTHER celebration for the same birthday? Who is he?

First, I think you didn't handle his out of town trip well, you didn't know how, and he was disappointed.

Your boyfriend is an emotional scorpio. Probably you are with him because he is charming and you like something about him. But if you don't stand your ground, he'll walk all over you. Should you choose to stay with him, be in tune on an emotional level, but don't give way.

People can have miscommunications, make mistakes, even have occasional spats, not big deal. Important thing is, do you think you connect? Do you understand each other?