can anyone tell me one reason to believe in a GOD

BetheButterfly

All I'm asking for is a sign that any God exists, can anybody here show me one?

I don't think you would believe other people's experiences with God, and that's understandable.

How my personal experience with God began is because I do believe the testimonies of people in the Bible who experienced God. Their testimonies grew in me the desire to experience God for myself.

When I accepted Jesus Christ (decided to follow Him), I experienced a peace and joy that did not come from me or my environment. While my atheist friends like to tease me that I have an "imaginary friend" lol, Jesus is as real to me as my parents are, as I am! :)

For example, one of my natural inclinations (that does come from me) is to want revenge when someone hurts my feelings or someone that I love. However, when I give my anger and hatred to Jesus Christ, He replaces it with Love for the person. After all, Jesus commanded his followers to love their neighbors as oneself (Matthew 22:35-40; Luke 10:25-37) and love enemies (Matthew 5:43-48; Luke 6:27-37).

Once I though about no longer following Jesus Christ. However, when I thought that, I had a vision that greatly affected me. My Atheist friends write it off as a hormonal thing, but I was not in my period and I have never taken illegal drugs. I experienced God's presence in a way I had never experienced before or since; I felt His love, which is greater than the love of all my family and friends put together!!!

Shinebrightforever

Sweet Qubist..

As you know, I'm pretty messed up in my life. Made some poor choices. Felt some raw ass ugly emotions. That I brought on myself. I'm not here to talk about God because I live a "right" life.

Your question is thought provoking. I personally, believe in Jesus Christ. That He died for my sins. That I can never EARN forgiveness or the hope of heaven some day, but it's a gift.

As for the signs. Look at a beautiful sunset. The miracle of birth. THise are MY signs that there is an amazing God. Also...what I feel in my heart when I'm close to Him (unfortunately, I'm not right now). But-i do believe those signs are different for everyone. And yeah-for some it's an amazing peace that cannot be explained. How someone could "show" you that would be a non tangible.

It's good you are inquisitive. I believe those that are sometimes end up with the most alive faith than those that just believe because that's how they grew up, but they were never curious enough to try it. Truly search for it.

Shinebrightforever

Oh yeah. One reason to believe?

You have nothing to lose, and a ton to gain. And you're worth that gain.

Just my opinion.

The rapture?

:D

HowboutthemCowboys

Technically theres really isnt any real good reason to believe. Any person can be raised to be respectful, and treat others right without them knowing anything about the existence of any religion, faith, or god whatsoever.

If you think about it, humans didnt even process that sort of thing in their mind until they became evolved enough to communicate and reason and I think they made it through up to that point ok.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys
HowboutthemCowboys

Another reason not to believe in any god or religion

Humans killed during Holy Wars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

10 Greatest Killers of Man- Religion listed at #7 as the deadliest idea

10 Greatest Killers of Man - Listverse

Throughout history it is reported that more deaths have been caused in the name of the christian faith more than any other religion

Terrorism and the other Religions | Informed Comment

When It Comes to Killing in the Name of Religion and Nationhood, Christians Hold the Modern Record

Times are obviously different now. We dont huge masses of christians killing in the name of god like in past history. We do have a small(but growing) number of radicals killing in the name of islam.

Everyone has a right to believe in whatever god or religion they want. But its pretty sad that during our existence millions of humans have felt justified in killing other humans in the name of their religion.