GF Blacked Out Drinking and Can't Recall Actions

If you hadn't been there she would have cheated.

Do you want to have to watch her the rest of your life?

That'll get old real quick

Pfff, so many negative replies of ignorant people.

People who have never blacked out before are saying that your gf is lying, simply because they haven't experienced a black-out before. There's a saying that says that when people are drunk, their true intentions surface. Not necessarily true. Alcohol simply makes you unable to think clearly, and unable to judge situations correctly. It makes you less aware of everything and anyone.

Some people here are saying that since your gf was still able to walk, talk and undress, that apparently she wasn't even that drunk. HOWEVER, some people can still function when they're black-out drunk.

I got black-out drunk in my life only once, and the last thing I remember was being at a certain street. Next morning I woke up in pyjamas. Apparently I could still ride my bike the night before. Apparently I could still find my keys the night before (hell, some people can't even find their keys when they're sober!). Apparently I could walk the stairs. Apparently I could change into my pyjamas. I just don't remember any of it. Oh, and I do remember I did something in the club which I'm still embarrassed about after two years. Something I'd NEVER do when sober. So I really don't think the alcohol made me reveal my 'real self', I think it made me lose my capability to assess situations and judge and behave correctly.

What I'm trying to say is: it could very well be that your gf doesn't remember any of it, eventhough she was sort of still functioning normally.

Also the people on here saying she's an alcoholic are overreacting. Does she abuse alcohol daily/frequently? Does she have no control on a regular basis? Or was this a one time thing?

I do recommend that you talk about her alcohol use, and that you suggest she's always with a friend or with you when she's going out and going home. Don't let her wander drunk on her own.

Pffft I have experienced a black out and I took responsibility for my pitiful actions. Never again did I ever put myself in that kind of situation,....I owned it!

• Like 4