The question no Christian can answer.

Are you? Freudian desires Robert? :love: I don't normally talk about being probed by men...I'll let you explore (no pun intended) that on your own (j/k)

If we are dealing with an advanced alien, they should have figured out the Prime directive, no? If they are so much more advanced than us, they should have come up with something better actually. A visitation leading to a 2000 year world religion would be a major violation.

If you are serious, I would discuss actually! I admit I'm a sucker for ancient aliens on history...finding bigfoot too.

Are you speaking of the History Channel? I love the HC. The alien stuff on HC sometimes is really out there, bordering on mysticism IMO. It has some really good stuff on aliens though.

The one thing commun in all these religions is that they are all made by man and spread by the army of imperialism and empires. For example, When the Europeans discovered the Americas the native did not know who Jesus, Allah, Jahova, Budda ..... were. They had their own version of God until the more powerful Europeans kicked their but and took their land then entroduced them to their God. Fact is if you were born in Saudi Arabia you are most likely going to be a Muslim, but if you were born in Mexico you are a Catholic, if you are born in a hindou family in India guess what would be your religion? You get the point. Converting to a different religion is rare specially back in the days before TV, Satellite and Internet. The majority of us inherited their believes few of us had the chance to study about other religion.

In my opinion religion is made by men who had almost no knowledge about the word. Then were forced on people who got brainwashed by blind belief.

• Like 1
BetheButterfly
If you've been through grade school, you must know of the existence of other religions in the world. I won't waste our time naming the thousands of obscure religions, but after Christianity the most widespread religions would be:

Islam

Judaism

Buddhism

Hinduism

The question no Christian can answer is this:

How much time have you spent studying these other religions, and exactly how did you ascertain that they were all false, but Christianity is true?

Please don't quote the scripture. I know Jesus said he was "the way and the truth and the light", but the doctrines of other religions just as strongly promote their own veracity.

So again, how did you ascertain that Hinduism is false, but Christianity is true?

I say no Christian can answer, but maybe someone here can?

Years before I met my husband, I almost married a wonderful Muslim man. I studied Islam, including reading the Qur'an and many hadiths, because of him. However, I came to the conclusion that Muhammad is one of the false prophets Jesus Christ warned about, accounted in Matthew 24:11,24 and Matthew 7:15-20.

The reason I believe this is because Muhammad did not obey Jesus Christ's commands, much like many of the Popes later on did not obey Jesus Christ's commands. While at first Muhammad was tolerant, he became a military leader who through military conquest and threat of conquest, took over all of Arabia. The Qur'an includes scathing criticism of what Christians believe, and gives Muslims the right to demand protection money (jizya) from the Jews and Christians they conquer (See Qur'an 9:29-33.)

Recently my husband and I have been studying Judaism. (It's possible that my husband has Jewish ancestry, as many Sephardic Jews were sadly forcibly converted to Catholicism... ) We believe Christianity is an interpretation of Judaism. While many Jewish people did not and do not accept that Jesus Christ (Yeshua HaMashiach) is the Anointed One, some did - his disciples. Their testimonies spread around the world! :)

As for Buddhism, some of what Buddha taught is similar to what Jesus taught, which is really cool.

As for Hinduism, as my Atheist friends like to joke, they believe in one less God than I do. :) I do not believe in the Hindu gods because I have no personal experience that they are real, and I do not believe those who testify to their existence. I am very much partial to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who I believe is the One and Only Creator.

Edited by BetheButterfly
  • Like 1
LookAtThisPOst
The one thing commun in all these religions is that they are all made by man and spread by the army of imperialism and empires. For example, When the Europeans discovered the Americas the native did not know who Jesus, Allah, Jahova, Budda ..... were. They had their own version of God until the more powerful Europeans kicked their but and took their land then entroduced them to their God. Fact is if you were born in Saudi Arabia you are most likely going to be a Muslim, but if you were born in Mexico you are a Catholic, if you are born in a hindou family in India guess what would be your religion? You get the point. Converting to a different religion is rare specially back in the days before TV, Satellite and Internet. The majority of us inherited their believes few of us had the chance to study about other religion.

In my opinion religion is made by men who had almost no knowledge about the word. Then were forced on people who got brainwashed by blind belief.

Yeah, there's this one woman, in her mid 50's, single...claimed she is a "former Catholic", but now has claimed herself in the more Buddhist/metaphysics stuff (way out there in left field) Said she gave up "religious dogma" some years ago.

I often found it the genuineness in a American's claim to having converted to the whole metaphysics belief systems and crystal crunching. I'm thinking they are doing it because it's trendy and not truly genuine in their "new found belief."

Like it's "cool" to be Buddhist these days.

BetheButterfly
Yeah, there's this one woman, in her mid 50's, single...claimed she is a "former Catholic", but now has claimed herself in the more Buddhist/metaphysics stuff (way out there in left field) Said she gave up "religious dogma" some years ago.

I often found it the genuineness in a American's claim to having converted to the whole metaphysics belief systems and crystal crunching. I'm thinking they are doing it because it's trendy and not truly genuine in their "new found belief."

I don't know the lady you're talking about, but she could indeed be genuine in her new found worldview. Why doubt it?

I would doubt it if she would be tortured or disowned or her property legally stolen from her or expelled or all of the above if she did not believe in Buddhism. (Many Jewish people were forced to become Catholic long time ago in order to escape one of the above unpleasant ramifications if they refused the "trendy" religion in Spain.)

Like it's "cool" to be Buddhist these days.

It is cool to be a Buddhist nowadays in the USA. I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm not Buddhist by the way, though I do admire some teachings of Buddha.

If you've been through grade school, you must know of the existence of other religions in the world. I won't waste our time naming the thousands of obscure religions, but after Christianity the most widespread religions would be:

Islam

Judaism

Buddhism

Hinduism

How much time have you spent studying these other religions, and exactly how did you ascertain that they were all false, but Christianity is true?

Please don't quote the scripture. I know Jesus said he was "the way and the truth and the light", but the doctrines of other religions just as strongly promote their own veracity.

So again, how did you ascertain that Hinduism is false, but Christianity is true?

Religions are philosophies that garner extra authority for themselves by claiming that they are the word of God. I'm a cultural Christian - so if I were going to have a religious moment in times ofo stress or trouble, obviously that would be the religion I would turn to because that's the one I would feel more comfortable with.

I've got a feeling that in a situation like that, I'd be guided by emotion, instinct and "what I felt comfortable with" rather than first sitting down and trawling through acres of different religious texts written in an ancient language in order to decide "which spiritual guide should I go with?" People who turn to religion in desperate times aren't generally operating in that frame of mind, I don't think.

But here's a, thoughtful debate on the subject of whether Christianity is better than Islam or vice versa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPbb9xZf9Qc

I was born and bred Roman Catholic, but I don't view other religions as subordinate to Catholicism. It's the person that matters, not their religion.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This question can be reversed.

How did you ascertain that Christianity is false, but Hinduism is true?

Arguably, Christianity is the most successful in the sense of prosperity. I guess a lot of the tenants lead to success, and I am sure a lot of people want that kind of prosperity.

Islam is the oddball of the bunch. Like a roach motel, you can check in but you can't check out.

• Like 1

Islam

Judaism

Buddhism

Hinduism

This is the condensed answer and some background. I was raised Catholic, although wasn't sold out after getting a little older. There was this need to search, so in this search I checked out various faiths (more than what you have listed). I'm the type of person that doesn't have to know every detail of something to know if it's for me. I didn't have to spend massive hours studying or becoming involved to know what I wanted.

Islam and Judaism I knew little about in my search and wasn't interested, possibly due to my Christian foundation. I really was interested in Buddism and I think the Hindu faith is close so I searched and read about both.

A life changing event occurred which caused me to dig deeper into my eternal destination.

Long story short my answers came by the Spirit. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. I said that because you did as to not disrespect you asking not to post Scripture.

Now for Islam and Judaism. Judaism I got familiar with through reading the Bible. Islam through 9/11. Neither do it for me...

• 2 weeks later...
It has nothing to do with proveable fact, or induction or deduction or logic. The word is faith. Look it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith

Ugh. There really is nothing more obnoxious than Xtian arrogance. Pffft. :sick:

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Christianity was plagiarized. It will go out the same way as its mythological predecessors.

Jelli

Edited by Jellicle Cat
Ugh. There really is nothing more obnoxious than Xtian arrogance. Pffft. :sick:

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Christianity was plagiarized. It will go out the same way as its mythological predecessors.

Jelli

What continues to impress me is the belief/instinct of 'other.' No matter an individual's belief...throughout history, there has been an unshakable sense of presence beyond what is seen or is tangible.

This, at least, remains consistent. Attempts to define/explain this 'other' are the foundation of all religion and even the lack thereof. Even pure science is based on the possibility of the unknown. There are no truths..only more or less true and further...an unquenchable desire to discover truth.

I agree with a disillusionment and the compromised integrity of the written histories of Christianity. What remains for me is what has been for all historical knowledge of humanity, Christian or otherwise.

We are not alone.

This, at least, remains consistent. Attempts to define/explain this 'other' are the foundation of all religion and even the lack thereof. Even pure science is based on the possibility of the unknown. There are no truths..only more or less true and further...an unquenchable desire to discover truth.
Science is the search for truth, but it is only limited to what is observable.