Any hope of getting back together after a year apart?

Be 100% sure of your feelings for him and that you are willing to give it everything you have. That's all you can control. how it ends up is anyone's guess, but know that you give it your all this time. Have a face to face with him.

• Author

Just a few days until I see him. We talk now every few days or so and the conversations are pretty nice. I feel him opening up to me more even if he keeps saying that he's scared.

He admitted to handly the breakup badly (partying every weekend, drinking, etc) and I wouldn't want to see him like that again. I'm serious about how I feel about him and I'll be honest about all that when I finally see him.

I told him in the end it's up to him what happens to us, so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

I'll let you all know how it goes. :)

• Like 2
  • Author

UPDATE:

So I met him today and it went alright but I realized something.

I care about him but I don't think romantically anymore. He started drinking and parting every weeked for a year after we broke up. I don't want to be with someone who deals with stress so badly. Who's to say if we did get back together that he wouldn't do that again.

He was also on his phone for most of the time (which he never used to do) that we were together.

I didn't feel like there were any sparks or there was any chemistry. It also reminded me of the reasons why I broke up with him in the first place. I feel so awful about the feelings that I don't have anymore but I would rather be friends with him.

I don't know what to do. I though meeting him would put everything into perspective but I didn't feel an ounce of what I used to feel for him.

He asked me when we could meet again and we agreed to next Saturday. What should I do?

• Author
Did you tell him what you originally intended to express?

I gave him the reasons why I originally broke up with him and I told him I didn't want him to go through that pain again.

I don't want him to think I'm just playing games with him. I honestly didn't expect to not feel anything.

No I didn't tell him I wanted him back today.

Edited by dmomar
More details

So how did you guys leave things? Do you have plans to see each other again? How did he react to what you told him re: your original reasons for breaking up with him?

Did he seem into you as more than a friend or former lover? Do you think things are nebulous enough that he feels hopeful for a full reconciliation? What did he say regarding his feelings about the relationship you had, the breakup, and what he'd like to see happen in the future?

• Author

Things were left pretty civilly. He asked me when he could see me again and we agreed to next weekend.

We didn't really talk about our breakup except the last 20 minutes or so. I know he's definitely interested, I can tell. He told me it felt like no time had passed since the last time we saw each other.

He just said the breakup was hard for him and he was focusing on himself. He also said he's scared.

We didn't talk about the future, just the past and present.