How long do you think 2 people should date before becoming exclusive?

MsHopeful0208201689

Trying to figure how to ease out of the relationship and possibly maintain a friendship .

Can't be done. You can't be friends with somebody in the immediate aftermath of a breakup. It just doesn't work. Your new SOs won't like it. It will prevent you from healing. I'm mean, really, what are you going to talk about? How sad you feel about the break up or how excited you are about the new prospects? Don't be ridiculous.

Have a clean break & move on.

• Like 5
Nope. We became an item after 2 weeks. Now it's been 1.5 years.. Glad you see where I am coming from

It has no correlation. A respectful man remains respectful whether you start a relationship with him after 2 weeks or 2 months. My ex-boyfriend made it exclusive with me after 3 dates and months later he was still respectful in his choice of words, he paid for dates, and he always volunteered to fix little things here and there in my home or with my car.

• Like 1
Nope. We became an item after 2 weeks. Now it's been 1.5 years.. Glad you see where I am coming from

Is this the married guy with a wife and kids that you've been banging in the driveway?

• Author
MsHopeful0208201689
Is this the married guy with a wife and kids that you've been banging in the driveway?

I'm confused?! Never have I banged some married guy with a wife in kids in anyone's drive way.. You must have me confused with someone else.. Me and the current boyfriend are both unmarried and have never been married.. We have no kids & we are in our mid 20s.. He lives with his and I live alone

• Author
MsHopeful0208201689

He's even belittled me a jokingly ways by calling my nose big, saying I was ugly (several times)... And one time after we were out to eat he said "you are paying next time & smirked" and then we went to my apartment, were intimate, and he left shortly after (he doesn't do all the time) and I was like "you leaving so soon?" and he was "yep, feed 'em, f**k 'em, forget 'em" and started laughing like he was joking... I told him how all this stuff made me feel & he said sorry if you think I was being a jerk I didn't mean it that way

He's even belittled me a jokingly ways by calling my nose big, saying I was ugly (several times)... And one time after we were out to eat he said "you are paying next time & smirked" and then we went to my apartment, were intimate, and he left shortly after (he doesn't do all the time) and I was like "you leaving so soon?" and he was "yep, feed 'em, f**k 'em, forget 'em" and started laughing like he was joking... I told him how all this stuff made me feel & he said sorry if you think I was being a jerk I didn't mean it that way

How can you open your legs to a man that told you several times you were ugly? even in a joking way.

This thread should be about you and why you have been accepting this disrespectful, demeaning treatment for so long.

• Like 2
  • Author
MsHopeful0208201689
How can you open your legs to a man that told you several times you were ugly? even in a joking way.

This thread should be about you and why you have been accepting this disrespectful, demeaning treatment for so long.

You have valid points.. I had chalked it up as just joking.. But no one keeps saying things if they are joking.. Then I rationalized "we'll he does call me beautiful at times and says uplifting things".. But really he should always say uplifting things.. I'm starting to thing he is insecure because once before he said "you'll love me more when I lose this weight"...

At this point I am trying to figure if I wanna break it off and how to do it.. Everyone says it won't get better..

And once my father was putting together my table in my house, he was struggling, and my boyfriend just sat there looking at my laptop.. Didn't offer to help him.. My dad mentioned how rude it was later