You really think the big wallet does all that?

It helps a lot. Yes.

So long as women woulda liked you anyway of course. Instead of being a "star", you're a "superstar".

Edited by Imported
  • Like 1

The knowing glance, the understanding and appreciative laugh, the delicate fencing of exchange, the subtle touch conveying deep connection all take on a richness only a connoisseur can savor- and MAN! it’s good…. :laugh:

I've been faking that **** for years!

• Author
It helps a lot. Yes.

So long as women woulda liked you anyway of course. Instead of being a "star", you're a "superstar".

I don't know. I had little money and a small penis. Maybe I just defied the odds

Does anyone feel like they lose their looks as they get older? Sadly I am starting to feel that way. Not sure what to do about that

I am older and more attractive than ever largely because with age comes confidence and confidence is appealing. That said I'm a little in denial since I no longer see lines and wrinkles forming due to worsening nearsightedness.

• Like 1

I still have my looks but my metabolism has slowed down. My weight was constant for about 15 years no matter how much I ate. Now suddenly I have gained 13 pounds, not like that's a HUGE amount or anything but I'm sure it will continue to rise if I don't watch it. I had to get rid of most of my pants.

Oh and I have a couple of grey hairs. People in my family go grey early. Hooray!!

OP - That is NOT old. I would just work on your self confidence and esteem.

Not sure if this helps but one of my close guy friends is mid-50s. He is constantly getting hit on by hot women, educated in their 30s. This guy is short, stalky, balding, glasses, underemployed, etc. Totally not what any guy would think he needs to attract women. But he is confident and doesn't give a sh$t. He says outrageous things. It just makes me roll my eyes but it does work with a lot of women.

I'm younger than you but as I've gotten older I have more and more men hit on me on both sides of the spectrum - younger and older. I also attract higher quality guys. Again I think it's confidence and self esteem. I won't compromise myself or put up with bad behavior anymore. I dress feminine. I take care of myself. If you look at the textbooks just being older I should have fewer guys hitting on me as I age.

Besides self-esteem/confidence a lot of things in your looks are controllable IMO. Is there something really bothering you? Likely it can be changed or fixed. You can join a gym, you can get a few new outfits, you can try a different haircut, etc.

Edited by Miss Peach
  • Like 1

I hate losing my looks. I look tired, gain weight easily, have been losing muscle tone, getting fat around my waist and my facial skin seems more saggy also. Dislike.

thefooloftheyear

Its strange...I feel as though I am improved over what I used to be...

Part of it is discipline and hard work...No doubt..I live clean..and train very hard...I don't smoke, drink or do drugs, recreational or non...I come from a family where people don't get wrinkly and I generally stay out of the sun anyway, so my skin is still as it was when I was younger..

There is almost nothing I cant do now that used to be able to do...About the only thing I can say is I do need more rest than I used to..But I can put most guys half my age to shame in just about any type of physical activity..And most would trade physiques in a heartbeat as well...

Point is you don't have to accept the ravages of aging...Sure, no one can stop it..But there are ways to stave it off for a while, anyway...

I find that women work way harder and spend more money than guys do trying to keep/maintain their looks, yet the irony here is that guys have a tremendous advantage over women..They just don't try as hard...We lose weight far easier, don't have menopause or more commonly female degenerative conditions like osteoporosis to deal with, and can more easily maintain muscle mass..

Even stuff like ED can be "cured" through regular vigorous exercise..

Dont accept it...Do something about it...There are plenty of men and women in their later years that look absolutely fantastic...It just takes some discipline and positive thinking..

Im 50 +/-:p

TFY

Certainly yes!

I think it will be very unnatural if we do not age anyway... The biological reason for being attractive is reproduction... so when this is off the table, the purpose of youthful "attractive" looks is gone too.

However, as humans we want to be attractive later in life:) Here is where cosmetic industry comes. I do believe that I was less attractive overall at 21 than now at 31, because I learned to dress stylishly, use make up to enhance my features etc. But to say that I look the same - I should be kidding myself :D (I love when some people say they look younger :D - usually they just sent the vibe of being immature - so they are perceived younger but it's not in a good way...)

Just experience&wisdom compensating nature, that's the formula.

Does anyone feel like they lose their looks as they get older? Sadly I am starting to feel that way. Not sure what to do about that

Tfy,,i gratefully accept every wrinkle and bump that changes the body. Because Really I have zero reason to compete... Be it with societies requirements or with the boy next doors superficial ideal body features.

The grey hairs can come, the bones can wobble... I got six senses... common sense being the most used , If my features repulse someone... so it goes... Aging is a process ... welcome each phase. eat well, live well... laugh much.

• Like 1

I am going to be another to say confidence and attitude play a big role.... But genes are important too....

I just turned 37, always considered myself quite average, but right now I am feeling on top of my game.

Those years of being diligent about sunscreen, and constantly staying physically active are paying off.... Add a dose of total acceptance of myself, and wisdom additional years have brought - I am feeling more comfortable in my skin now than I ever have before.

My advice - focus on changing what you can change, accept what you can't. Age really is a state of mind in many ways.

It's true, aging is more difficult for attractive people. You have no idea how much of your identity and general experience is shaped by being attractive. People treat you differently when you are. :/

I am going to be another to say confidence and attitude play a big role.... But genes are important too....

I just turned 37, always considered myself quite average, but right now I am feeling on top of my game.

Those years of being diligent about sunscreen, and constantly staying physically active are paying off.... Add a dose of total acceptance of myself, and wisdom additional years have brought - I am feeling more comfortable in my skin now than I ever have before.

My advice - focus on changing what you can change, accept what you can't. Age really is a state of mind in many ways.

When did you start wearing sunscreen? I've been wearing it for the past two years religiously, rain or shine, even if I'll be indoors but next to/near a large window.

It's true, aging is more difficult for attractive people. You have no idea how much of your identity and general experience is shaped by being attractive. People treat you differently when you are. :/

hmmm... perhaps , there is an element of truth if one is so saturated in the superficial world. Sophia Loren is stunning and aging with grace. She doesn't hide her age...her classyness improves... her eloquence refined. I've tended to burn victims of all ages... so there was a huge identity adjustment...that happened suddenly and unlike aging slowly... they had to adapt quick. Where i have a problem is folks denying the process to the point they wont even associate or acknowlegde their own peers because they can't accept they are aging. My boss cringes to be around elders... he is not going to take the aging well in the upcoming years...

hmmm... perhaps , there is an element of truth if one is so saturated in the superficial world. Sophia Loren is stunning and aging with grace. She doesn't hide her age...her classyness improves... her eloquence refined. I've tended to burn victims of all ages... so there was a huge identity adjustment...that happened suddenly and unlike aging slowly... they had to adapt quick. Where i have a problem is folks denying the process to the point they wont even associate or acknowlegde their own peers because they can't accept they are aging. My boss cringes to be around elders... he is not going to take the aging well in the upcoming years...

???

many people have difficulties with aging and it doesnt mean they're 'saturated in the superficial world'. It means they're going through a very human process and coming to terms with everything it entails, which can go beyond looks. No one said people can't age with grace, there are plenty of people who do. I can guarantee Soohia Loren went through a moment of crisis while aging. Sorry, people in general are treated differently based on their level of attractiveness, and that definitely goes for women. And when those people age, they notice that difference.

Edited by camillalev
When did you start wearing sunscreen? I've been wearing it for the past two years religiously, rain or shine, even if I'll be indoors but next to/near a large window.

Religiously? I started wearing it when i was around 18/19 years old, so for 18-19 years now (I am 37).

I have a sister who is 10 years older than I am (and beautiful! Was a model in her late teens / early 20s and now looks amazing for late 40s) - any way, when she was in her late 20s she said WEAR SUNSCREEN! Do it, and do it now.

And I took her advice. I wear it every day. Hats when I am in the sun, cover up if I am out in the sun a lot.

I also drink large amounts of water, never "soda" (or pop, or coke, or whatever you call it), never been a cigarette smoker.

I do not have a single wrinkle or line on my face. I am usually guessed as 30 at the very oldest. Recently I was asked if I had any Asian heritage (maybe a stereotype but they tend to have nice / wrinkle free skin) - because my skin was so nice.

Just had an old friend comment that "somehow you look younger" and we laughed about how not having kids will do that to you - but I added, and SUNSCREEN!

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
Tfy,,i gratefully accept every wrinkle and bump that changes the body. Because Really I have zero reason to compete... Be it with societies requirements or with the boy next doors superficial ideal body features.

The grey hairs can come, the bones can wobble... I got six senses... common sense being the most used , If my features repulse someone... so it goes... Aging is a process ... welcome each phase. eat well, live well... laugh much.

I can respect what you are saying...but this was never a competition, nor do I really care what anyone else does or what they look like...

For me its more about function than form...The form just came along for the ride..:)....I don't want to have to say stuff like "no, I cant do that anymore, bad back" or something similar...Just throwing hands up and accepting all the negative aspects of aging isnt something I want to do, I cant stop it, but I can do positive things to stave it off a bit...

Maybe part of it is that the first 25 years or so of my life, when things should have been carefree and fun, was so full of misery and despair...I am where I want to be now, and it took a lot of hard work and sacrifice...So whatever is left, I want to live it to its fullest..:)

TFY