Why does a guy stop talking to you?

jackie-brown

• Author
jackie-brown
He sounds very passive aggressive... he didn't say hi to you in person and then he adds you on facebook. He chats you up, but then when you seem to be getting along well he stops communicating. But he likes all of your statuses?

Next he's going to pull your hair and snap your bra... clearly he has some issues expressing the fact that he likes you. I'm not sure if that is something you can deal with in a grown man... if you're willing to get over it, you'll have to be the aggressor.

I agree, he was just checking you out on FB, something on their didn't catch his interest.....he's checked out. Ditch him, move on.

I'd be really put off by someone who has never bothered to speak to me to then add me on facebook and like all of my status updates. Seriously, he's a grown man or a 14 yr old?

I agree with most of what you're saying, which is why I'm so confused...

But if he was off put by something, why would he keep liking my stuff on FB and Flickr and in particular, this small thing... he liked that I was attending an event, which is kind of rare on FB and only my friends do that.

Like, "jackie-brown is going to Event XYZ" - he clicked "like" on that. If he's lost interest, why on earth would he do that? :confused:

Thank you all for the help :laugh: I never expected so many replies!

jam.over.jelly
I agree with most of what you're saying, which is why I'm so confused...

But if he was off put by something, why would he keep liking my stuff on FB and Flickr and in particular, this small thing... he liked that I was attending an event, which is kind of rare on FB and only my friends do that.

Like, "jackie-brown is going to Event XYZ" - he clicked "like" on that. If he's lost interest, why on earth would he do that? :confused:

Thank you all for the help :laugh: I never expected so many replies!

You're reading too much into something that isn't there. He probably thinks you're pretty, and likes to talk to you when he's online. But maybe not enough to pursue you. Liking a status or pics doesn't mean anything!

However, to put all your concerns to rest, ask him out, see what he responds.

I dont think its shyness. Because he already initiated contacts with you. Hes more likely lost interest and good luck with finding a rational reason. People get blow off all the time on social medias.

Hi, OP, I think you should ask him out on a date. You don't really have anything to lose. For your own peace of mind, so you know for sure. If he ignores the message or flakes, there's your answer.

Maybe he's going through a break-up right now, or some kind of bad time? Or has social anxiety/shyness and can only manage online communication. Who knows. Although, I do agree with jam.over.jelly - ''So it really is their actions that speak louder than anything. If a guy likes you, he will want to see you, he will want to take you out. It's that simple.''

Edited by Disconnect