Going on a man-free diet! Become happy alone! Join me in the journey!

scooby-philly
Haha, sadly I can't edit my post, but I officially retitle it to partner-free diet ;)

I think it's interesting to see how people can have very different reasons for choosing to be alone. For me specifically, it's because I've been using men as distractions instead of dealing with what's really important - growing into the kind of person that I have the potential to become. I've been following this one career path for 6 years and I'm just not sure if it's the right one for me.. so I need to either stick it out and truly commit to it, or choose a different one. In any case, this will take all of my energy. Instead, when I hit a roadblock I have this habit of hiding from the real issue and distracting myself with insignificant boy troubles. This needs to stop. Also, I kind of believe in the law of attraction and that you attract the kind of people that match the energy you're putting out. And I've truly experienced that the times when I have met some lovely people, I have been energetic and happy with myself. Whereas right now my energy is probably be spelling insecurity, discontent, loneliness and frustration... which is really not the type of person anyone would enjoy to be around. I have so much to be grateful for, but I just get stuck in these small challenges that break me down. Also, my ex whom I'm still friends with recently revealed to me that one of the reasons he left me was because he thought I was unhappy and hadn't found myself yet.. ouch. So yeah, definitely need to work on that. Clock is ticking!

So how do you learn to like yourself again? What are your experiences? What are some of the things you most enjoy doing alone? :)

I love to work out and stay in shape. Gives me great energy and makes me feel better about myself. I go to different classes as often as I can and it's always something I prefer to do alone.

I love the honesty and insight in the part I put in BOLD. I feel the same way to a certain extant - I've been lost for a long time and I don't know what to do to get unstuck from repeating the same mistakes - not expressing my true feelings, not building a life I want for myself, not being true to myself, not telling family how I really feel, hiding things, etc. I'm a good guy, I'm educated, I work hard, I'm a good partner, etc. But I get into funks or make poor decisions - dating, work, etc because I don't feel like anyone is there with me and I feel worn down by the expectations in my head that I have to be a "good guy", i have to be the one who always keeps/holds my family together, etc. My family fell apart when I was 10 and i've spent 24+ years being the champion, trying to put the pieces back together, etc. I'm tired of it -

My pledge - from this day on it's my time. With a woman or without - I prefer with - I will do what the **** I want to do and not worry about the rest

• Like 1

Partner-free diet, I'm game too! I like energetic starts, so I'll aim for 6 months starting from today.

Like someone said before, it's a risk. I might meet the perfect match for me in these 6 months, I know. But guess what? Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to love her the right way right now. I'd relapse into the old habits and it would go like always. Well, no fawkin way! Not this time!

No more oggljng girls around all the times, no more fantasizing about sex and romance, no more desperately begging for validation and affection from people who aren't give to give any.

New life, here I come! Best of luck to all of us!

-Erl