Do you date down or up?

Celeste.Carol

jam.over.jelly
Agree. Plus think of it this way - even the best looking dude loses his looks a bit as he ages. I used to be much better looking but I got older :)

Ahhh.... I have to disagree with you there. I think men get better with age. I've seen some really HOT men that are older (in their 40s), something about them that younger guys just can't compete, that manly, mature look...I don't know, hard to describe, although I wouldn't dream of dating one, the age difference just feels kinda...wrong. Lol.

• Like 1
TunaInTheBrine
This question is not so black and white because we all have our own tastes. I am asking because OLD comes along in batches and waves of new suitors depending on time you are on and off.

Lately, I am getting interests from perfect 10 men, no kidding, better looking than George Clooney (I think he is okay), six figure jobs, and everything about them is perfect.

I feel a little intimidated by them. I am very nice looking, but always go for types my friends etc., do not think are attractive or wow factors. Different taste I suppose. I like character, so I overlook flaws.

Just food for thought if someone else hasn't said it already, but categorizing people into numbers dissociates you from genuinely connecting with them as a human.

"Perfect 10 men" are AT LEAST as screwed up as "Middle 5 men", sometimes even more so.

Although it is unfair to rank men by number, I can assure you the person you are really being unfair to in thinking this way may be yourself.

Ahhh.... I have to disagree with you there. I think men get better with age. I've seen some really HOT men that are older (in their 40s), something about them that younger guys just can't compete, that manly, mature look...I don't know, hard to describe, although I wouldn't dream of dating one, the age difference just feels kinda...wrong. Lol.

Dunno. I am feeling middle aged these days and used to consider myself pretty boyish and attractive

I've always really admired and respected the women I've dated and had relationships with, so I'd opine I've dated up, regardless of how things worked out. One of those past relationships I occasionally use as an example here was with an older woman, a grandmother, and that particular experience, to me, was definitely dating up.

• Like 2
I've always really admired and respected the women I've dated and had relationships with, so I'd opine I've dated up, regardless of how things worked out. One of those past relationships I occasionally use as an example here was with an older woman, a grandmother, and that particular experience, to me, was definitely dating up.

Nicely put

I do not make a lot of money and work a dead end job so I cant date up :(:(

Once I get college done and over with I am going to date up because I can do so and have more options .

Am I the only one who finds this rating of yourself & others out of 10 absolutely ridiculous?

You're attracted to who you're attracted to and that's it, surely?

• Like 1
Am I the only one who finds this rating of yourself & others out of 10 absolutely ridiculous?

You're attracted to who you're attracted to and that's it, surely?

Hear hear.

Looks like we are rare though

Although i did rate mine 10s lol.. but yeah im trying to say i either like someone or i don't

Edited by smiley1
ManyDissapoint

This is true. Men age like wine. At least I am getting more handsome every year. It's pretty sweet.