Finally Found Mr. Right, But At The Wrong Time!!!!

gypsy_babe555

hopefully you can help me out with this problem..... well, here it goes. Im a 20 female from california, I leave for the Army Bootcamp in 3 weeks. I just met the most wonderful guy I've ever been involved with about a month ago. We hit it off and have been pretty much inseperable since, I let him know right when we met that I would be leaving soon, just like Ive told everyone else. We still chose to see eachother anyways, within the last wk weve become much more serious. In the 20 yrs Ive been alive, Ive never had such a nice man treat me like this. (been in ALOT of HORRIBLE relationships) So I know the signs of an abusive or untrustworthy man, and I can't seem to see any of them.

But Ive never been in a long distance relationship, and with me being in Bootcamp I will have no contact with him except letters for 9 weeks. He says that he is willing to "wait" but that word scares me. there is a million questions running through my head. How can I trust someone I barely even know? What if I am the one that screws it up?(I've made alot of bad decisions in alot of relationships.) I really like him and starting to have feelings for him that I PROMISED MYSELF I wouldn't have for anyone because of the fact I'm not going to be able to be with this person for awhile. Why does life always work that way???

Well, thanks for reading this and your advice......Love always ~*GYPSY*~

Having fear when going into unknown territory is normal. Courage is having this fear and going into unknown territory anyway.

If this is your Mr. Right then he will wait--because that's what your Mr. Right does. Also, if you are his Ms. Right you too will wait for him--because that's what his Ms. Right does. :)

You said, "What if I am the one that screws it up?(I've made alot of bad decisions in alot of relationships.)" The simple answer is screwing up is a choice people make. Sometimes as you are aware it is hard not to screw up. It is a whole lot easier to avoid situations where a screw up might happen. If you never allow yourself to be in a place, situation, company of the wrong person(s) where a screw up might be possible then a screw up will never happen.

Best wishes to you! :)

overseas2004

Long distance relationships rarely ever work out so I understand your concern. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about leaving. You signed up for the military and if I recall correctly backing out now might put you in some trouble. If it makes you feel better you might want to try to realize that what is happening is inevitable.

As for if he will wait or if he wont... that is something that cant be predicted. And as you said... you may be the one. Only time will tell.

9 weeks is not alot of time actually and if that is all the seperation youll have you may be able to swing it. I am not sure then what happens after whether you go away or you are immediately in the reserves. But if its only 9 weeks then so what???

By the way, if it makes you feel any better. I have been in a LDR for almost six months now. He lives in Europe and I am in the States. We saw each other in April for two weeks and we are still going strong. I try to stay cool and not show him too much that I miss him. And that seems to drive him crazy.... and keeps him interested.

Good luck to ya...