Poll: Weight loss or Weight gain?

ConfusedInOC

Looks like most everyone dropped a bunch of weight. When I'm stressed I don't eat. After my divorce, I dropped from 110 to 98lbs. I was waaaaayyy to thin, people were telling me I had to eat. I'm back to normal now and since I lift three times a week, I'm nice and toned too.

Originally posted by ConfusedInOC

Those of you who've experienced heartbreak, did you lose or gain weight?

If so, how much?

I'm down about 8lbs now. I guess something good came out of it. The six pack abs are starting to show nicely, lol.

I gained weight!!! About 25 punds in about 6 months but when I kind of got over it I went back down :)

Down about 20-25 lbs since the breakup- not cooking for two anymore or limiting myself to what HE likes to eat, hehe. Besides, if I'm too tired to cook, I just don't eat- before we would go get fast food or he would cook. Secondly, he didn't like veggies, and I do- eating more fruits and veggies is good.

• 5 months later...

I am not a member of this forum but very interested in this subject. I went from 158 lbs to 143 lbs and still dropping. It happened both a few months before and after the breakup and is still going on. Hey...one meal a day isnt bad, is it?

I gained weight when I was with my ex - since our breakup I've lost 15 lbs. but it's been from walking/jogging 5 miles a day - not from heartbreak.

He dumped me so it's been great motivation to get in shape. My motto is "Looking good is the best revenge!".

I lost 15-20 pounds it was a friggin nightmare I couldn't eat and I usually eat all the time.I lived on Protein shakes and tuna and I had to force feed myself I was so down and out:(

I lost about 15 pounds in all. I am eating again, so I think I'm ok and have gained some back. I'm 5'4" and weigh 117 now. I could block him from my mind, but somehow when I looked at food, I wanted to hurl and cry. I had to force myself to eat even a few bites a day! :(

I've lost bout 14 lbs in 2 weeks, can't eat, feel sick when I do. Nothing to do other than i to gym so am burning off calories that haven't even eaten!!!!

I haven't heard of anyone gaining weight.. But during those times the breakup is hard you don't really get a huge appetite.. at least i didn't..
I don't remember this thread back in May. Mixwell, this is for you (where have you been?)...I stopped eating, could barely force anything down just like everyone else but managed to gain 8 lbs. My body is a wonder of science :laugh:

uhm, I guess I couldn't be that heartbroken since i didn't loose anything. I haven't been over-eating either. I've just been working myself to the ground buried in my professional life.

NrclptcNSmniak

5'9" originally 128 now 118... same with sm... i just felt like barfing every time i started eating something. its not so bad now i guess.. i just have to get used to eating alone again