Should I be insulted that the guy I'm seeing asked me this?

men shouldn't be noticing clothes at all except to say they like it/find it sexy. i start questioning their ... manliness. a guy who is looking at your outfits is too interested in appearances... this will be your red flag moment later on... :)

Why? What's the big deal? I notice women's clothing and hair and such

Why? What's the big deal? I notice women's clothing and hair and such

sure, most guys do. but a partner who comments on appearances more regularly or notices when you re-wear something... that isn't a guy who is just taking notice. that's a guy who might be too into fashion or appearances and that's weird (at least to me)

sure, most guys do. but a partner who comments on appearances more regularly or notices when you re-wear something... that isn't a guy who is just taking notice. that's a guy who might be too into fashion or appearances and that's weird (at least to me)

But don't you want the guy you're with to be paying attention?

Yeah, he liked my choice from last week. but c'mon what woman would wear the same outfit for the 2nd time in row? Would that turn-off guys? When he asked if I was going to wear the same dress as last week, I told him no, then I asked him, if he wanted me to wear the same thing, he replied, 'no, new is always good, and that he would like to see all my cute outfits at some point." I can't help to think that he see's me a poor girl. This makes me mad.

oh, girl. That is so in your head.

Guys only notice what fits you well and accentuates your body (or at least the parts he's really keen on).

Trust me... it's only the girls who notice that I wear the same red shirt on Fridays to my work place. Well, ok, maybe the guys notice too, but they don't care, because...hey, they wear the same twice thing too. Peace out.

It's the guys who probably notice that I'm wearing a different bra underneath it though ;) or if I'm wearing underwear or not, lol.

Edited by RedRobin
you are thinking like a girl. A guy is 1000 times more simple. He wasn't thinking anything of the sort.

He was just wondering if you going to wear that dress again because he liked it.

It was nothing more complex than that. Guys don't have hidden meanings or agendas. That's what chicks do.

So unless he is actually a lesbian posing as a man, he didn't mean anything by it other than wondering if you were going to wear that dress he liked again.

When dating my wife I would tell her what I liked so she would where that outfit again.

Yeah, it's nice to dress up sometimes and look good for your man. However, sexiness is an attitude. You can look sexy in jeans and a tee shirt. It's ok to wear a dress and look girly, but i don't like a guy to tell me to dress "sexy" in public. Red flag. That's usually because a guy is objectifying you and wants to show you off to other men as a trophy.

I once had a boyfriend who wanted me to dress very sexy, slutty really. I felt like like a prostitute! And looked like one! He turned out to be a cheater and an abuser. So I watch out for that attitude your guy seems to have.

Dress how you want, and what you are comfortable with. In fact, do the opposite and show up in something sophisticated, and feminine. If he says anything about dressing sexier, tell him to show up in hipster skinny jeans and a tight tee shirt, and he better be wearing a sequenced man g string underneath it all. See how dumb it is?

The best guys I have known tell me I look beautiful a lot more than look sexy. They say I look sexy, too, but don't lead with a sexual foot. They were more appreciative of femininity, not overt sexuality for all men to see. That should be a bit more private. Most good guys don't want your boobs or body on display for other men to drool over. They are more protective of you.