Six months since she left me and I'm going insane

Andy_land

Again, thank you all for posting, that's very kind.

I don't know, maybe I did ignore the red flags, or maybe I was just too stupid to see them, truth is around the 1 year mark, which would be October 2014, I was having the time of my life with her, it was around that time that we said we loved each other, and even though at this point I can't tell if she actually meant it I did mean it. But then again, I'm obviously terrible at figure out people so maybe she was just playing me all along... I don't know.

Thanks for the support.

Keep it up, Andy_land. You're doing fine.

• Author
Keep it up, Andy_land. You're doing fine.

I'm really not, but I do appreciate your support and everybody's, truly, reading the answers to my post is helping me put things in prospective and hopefully I'll be doing fine soon. Not having any more nightmares about her and the night I saw her for the last time would be a good starting point, my day is completely ruined everytime I have these dreams the night before.

I'm really not, but I do appreciate your support and everybody's, truly, reading the answers to my post is helping me put things in prospective and hopefully I'll be doing fine soon. Not having any more nightmares about her and the night I saw her for the last time would be a good starting point, my day is completely ruined everytime I have these dreams the night before.

I did not mean you are literally emotionally happy. Healing time is dependent on the individual, but by reading the thoughts that you have expressed here, it seems like you are on a track to healing. No matter how long it will take, I think you will get there. That is why I said, "you are doing fine."

Do you have a dream catcher?

• Author
I did not mean you are literally emotionally happy. Healing time is dependent on the individual, but by reading the thoughts that you have expressed here, it seems like you are on a track to healing. No matter how long it will take, I think you will get there. That is why I said, "you are doing fine."

Do you have a dream catcher?

No, I usually try and work out more than I should when I want a dreamless night, it's not a sure shot but I'd say 40% of the times it does the trick. Unfortunately when it fizzles I have to endure these almost vivid dreams involving her that leave me numb the whole next day. As if she doesn't cause me enough pain when I'm awake, she has to haunt my sleep too. Some friends say that I am the one allowing her to keep tormenting me, and maybe they're right. I don't know, I'm awful at mind games.

I'm sorry if I'm using this thread as a therapy room but it's actually working a bit.

• 2 months later...
  • Author

I'm reviving this thread that I started to give a little update on my situation. The last time I wrote here it was September 11th, I was in severe pain because of how my ex ended our relationship in March this year. Now two more months have passed and here's what happened:

- The nightmares are gone, and that is a huge relief. They had gotten weirder and weirder, and more painful. My ex's not haunting my sleep anymore.

- I went out on a couple of dates with a sweet friend of mine that I've been hanging out with for the whole summer up until now, it didn't work out but it's ok, we're still good friends and we still hang out along with all our common friends. No harm done.

- I think about my ex less and less each day and it's a lot less painful than it was two months ago. Last night I was at a friend's house for dinner with eleven others, the core of our social circle, it was great and we had a great time. While driving on my way home I scratched my eye and felt a tear, I like to think that was the last one I ever shed for my ex. Part of me still wishes she was there, with us, with me, but part of me knows she wasn't, and never will again.

Just wanted to write this because all you guys who replied to my thread have helped me more than you know. Thank you.

Edited by Andy_land
  • Like 3