Boyfriend cheap or frugal?

vanillacupcakes

Before he knew this, I asked him "You didn't want to go to the Cirque du Soleil show with us?" His response: "Yeah, if I didn't have to pay for it."

OMG. This guy is SUCH a loser. How selfish of your parents, not treating HIS dead ass to the show.

WHY in the name of all that is Holy are you wasting your time with him?

Whatever label you put on it, it obvoulsly bothers you - a lot. Doubtful he is ever going to change. Why should he? He lives at home. He doesn't contribute money he earns. He hasn't grown up. You either live with the way he is or move on. Your choice.

You both sound like you're just getting by (with help). It kind of baffled me why you complain so much though if you're both being helped. Maybe you want more help from a boyfriend? If that's you in your avatar, you're pretty enough to get a more financially sound boyfriend, so do it. And with how insufferable you describe him, I'm guessing he's good looking enough to get another pretty girlfriend, even while living with his parents.

If that's you in your avatar, you're pretty enough to get a more financially sound boyfriend, so do it.

As Metallica once sang: Sad but true.

• Like 1
You sound like you have your act together and this guy just wants to live off mommy at almost 30 years old. How embarrassing for him.

I'm not surprised that he just expects you to provide everything because for 28+ years, he's expected his parents to provide for him, so why should you be any different? I'd resent his sorry ass too if he allowed me to shop for all the things HE always uses at your place but just assumes YOU should pay for them. I'd kick his ass out the door so fast I'd have to FedEx his shadow to him the next day.

You need to find a guy who has more ambition and is more self sufficient and independent; not this man-child who thinks the world owes him something. You're light years ahead of this user.

Yeah I agree. I think he's quite happy with this 'easy street' lifestyle where he's got people around him to prop him up while he continues doing seasonal work. Needs to man up. Sounds like the parents aren't helping either. They need to get him to stand on his own two feet with a dose of tough love.

Your boyfriend is cheap. And is now rubbing off on you and has you counting toilet paper squares.

This should put it into perspective.. Do you really want to be that person stood at the checkout in the grocery store with a line full of people behind her tutting and sighing because her boyfriend/husband is counting out 300 coupons for different items because he can't part with a few cents or dollars.. Do you want to live your life never going anywhere unless it's group discount or paid for by yourself. Never eat out and when you do having to skip courses and then order the cheapest crap on the menu? I don't think you do.

He lives with his ma, has no independence other than weekly trips to costco and walmart and even then needs you to hold his hand.

Tell him to bugger off.

^ This means cheap. :lmao:

Nah, they're diff things - frugal is stretching a dollar thin, cheap is not wanting to part with that dollar at all. (I admit the Cirque du Soleil thing makes him look cheap tho.)

You want a boyfriend who makes more and is more generous than you. I can't blame you...... get somebody who has more than you and is better than you and you'll have less problems.

The problem is, this is not 1950.......men are no longer the primary bread winners. If you make a median salary, this means about half the men out there are not for you, your dating pool is smaller, is all.

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the cat-and-mouse game.

• Like 1
You both sound like you're just getting by (with help). It kind of baffled me why you complain so much though if you're both being helped. Maybe you want more help from a boyfriend? If that's you in your avatar, you're pretty enough to get a more financially sound boyfriend, so do it. And with how insufferable you describe him, I'm guessing he's good looking enough to get another pretty girlfriend, even while living with his parents.

She doesn't want her boyfriend to help her, she wants him to stop taking advantage of her generosity and pay his share in the relationship. Big difference.