Also coping quite badly with anxiety

Ellie35

• Author
I've gotten a text from the ex that I ignored. It gave me a temporary high but I just felt sad the next day. The only way to "win" in this scenario is to do fun things with your life and let time do the rest.

Just seen this. I know it's best that I don't hear from him and you are indeed correct, it wouldn't change anything. Time is the healer. Thanks o.dude!!

• Author

75 days no contact!!! I feel angry for wasting my time and energy on him. I feel sad that I loved someone who ended our relationship so suddenly and I feel strangely free and excited about the future!!

What a mixed bunch of emotions I have today!!!

Love shackers, I've read so many stories and tales here. Although, I long for a breadcrumb for so many reasons, today I am happy I have got none and have accepted I will get none. This process is long and hard but there is hope, I look at it as a huge learning curve!

Busy weekend planned and then on my holidays with the girls for five days. Exciting times ahead !!!

• Like 1
  • Author

Love shackers,

I am emotionally exhausted. Feel like I am getting the flu. I am finding the intrusive and sometimes obsessive thoughts exhausting. I awoke dreaming about him then I feel angry cos I feel stuck in this stage.

Over 80days no contact.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but 80 days is still early for serious issues. Imagine your best friend died ....do you think you'd have forgotten about them after 80 days?

You might dream about this guy for years to come. The difference is tho that his hold will slowly loosen on you and the dreams won't mean the same thing they mean now.

I know that's all small comfort but at least it's good to know that you're not abnormal and that other ppl have been down this path before you. Hang in there. :)

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you jen1447 !

I understand what you are saying. It's just hard been stuck in the same place and feeling frustrated and impatient.

Last night I had a dream he texted me. I woke up and realised I had slept for seven hours. Felt good this morning when I woke up.

I am heading away to the sunshine today and I have banned him from conversation as I am sick of rehashing the same bull **** in my head over and over again and then dumping it on everyone else!!!

I am simply focusing on myself and any time the intrusive thoughts or obsessions come into my head , they are being told swiftly where to go!!!

• Like 1

I will try the magnesium powder thing. I have begun talking to a professional, which is a great way to consolidate all the issues into one barrel. I've also made "baby step promises" to her... that I will eat at least two meals a day, exercise twice a week, and so on.

I drink waaaaaaaaaay to much which I know is counterproductive. I've been on over-the-counter sleeping pills every night for about two full months, which is also not such a hot idea.

I cling to hope... many on this forum would say that's my main problem, but I am not at that place of letting go of the rope that all of you are. We are about three months into the b/u, one month since the "big email," and one week since the short followup ("I'd really like to know if you received my email..."). Otherwise near total NC. I'm doing superstitious stuff like "make a wish" and "cast a spell" sites. I know. Laugh it up.

I will try the magnesium powder thing. I have begun talking to a professional, which is a great way to consolidate all the issues into one barrel. I've also made "baby step promises" to her... that I will eat at least two meals a day, exercise twice a week, and so on.

I drink waaaaaaaaaay to much which I know is counterproductive. I've been on over-the-counter sleeping pills every night for about two full months, which is also not such a hot idea.

I cling to hope... many on this forum would say that's my main problem, but I am not at that place of letting go of the rope that all of you are. We are about three months into the b/u, one month since the "big email," and one week since the short followup ("I'd really like to know if you received my email..."). Otherwise near total NC. I'm doing superstitious stuff like "make a wish" and "cast a spell" sites. I know. Laugh it up.

The magnesium will help calm you.

You're only a week out really. Be kind to yourself. This is your time. No one elses. Don't waste it.

Are otc sleeping pills bad? I find them Helpful for shutting out the noise and getting some rest. The last thing we need is to be over-tired too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Love shackers!!!

I went on holidays, laughed and danced so much and had a great great time!!! Returned , back in work for four days Nd then ended up in hospital with a Quincey, thought I would never feel right and maybe I am pumped full of drugs now BUT

I feel great, I can think about the break up plus the way he dumped me and nothing twinges, tingles or happens!!! Isn't it crazy!!! On the holiday I lost all my anxiety!!!

I don't care! I feel 85% there but the last fifteen is about what I need to leRn about my own stuff!!! So so happy guys despite being in hospital and not knowing when I will get but must put in the good as well as the bad!!!

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Morning love shackers,

I am anxiety free now and I sleep a lot! I think I am catching up on sleep that I missed in July, August and September. It's nearly four months no contact but even remembering that I suppose implies that I am not fully over it!!

I can think of break up and him without feeling angry, hurt or frustrated. I can wish him well and hope he is okay however still feel I would not like to see him. Lol!!

I still occasionally come on here and follow threads and see how people are doing. I see there pain and hurt and see my own in it! The overwhelming feelings of anxiety, loss and confusion.

I am not fully there but in a much better place than I was since the physical anxiety lifted. It's the constant thinking that kills you! It's all about staying busy and maintaining no contact!!!

I can't wait until I am fully back to myself. I am about 90% there!! I'll get there! We all will! Thanks for sharing everyone, can't even explain how much the experiences of others have helped me!!!

• Like 2