What's the worst thing an ex has ever done to you post breakup

DrReplyInRhymes

An ex of mine I caught red handed going to meet other guys,

She tried to come back and show me how she was 'such a good prize',

It was a little vindictive, I'll admit, but it had to be done,

Simply showed her a picture of my new friend, and told her point blank that she was fun.

Nothing done to me AFTER...besides a crazy ex holding one of my bank accounts in limbo.

Now, where this gets interesting is I have done some awful things to some exes myself. I think they were all deserved...they definitely weren't irrational.

---------------

First time:

A girl I was dating for 10 months decided to leave me after things had gotten passive for a month or so. That's fine. For the first month after she kept coming by to hook up and informed me she broke up to be alone and work on herself.

I find out some time later she, the day after we broke up, moved in with a felon and they had become a couple. In other words, she was probably cheating on me the last month. Then, she cheated on him by continuing to come by my place.

So, I took all the racy photos, texts, and emails she had sent me during that month and forwarded them to her, her boyfriend, and her boyfriend's friends (I knew she was obsessive and probably had his email/fb passwords...she did).

The guy stayed with her, not sure why. In hindsight I probably took it too far. The story isn't over, though. She tried to hook up with me a few months later behind her boyfriend's back again. I threatened to tell him and she backed off. That time I didn't do it.

---------

Second time:

I was dating a girl for 8 months and found out she hooked up with her ex-bf two months in. Now, that was bad enough...but her ex-bf was also married and had an 8-month pregnant wife at the time she hooked up with him behind my back.

So, long-story short her ex-bf is no longer married and the only reason he was able to keep his license to practice medicine (ethics specialization) is because I wanted his checks to go to his ex-wife and newborn baby boy. He doesn't have any custody. I made sure there was enough proof to prove his sex and alcohol addictions (as well as pedophilic tendencies...he was trying to hook up with high-schoolers as well).

--------

Not sure if those make me messed up...but I was just trying to make sure the right people knew about their nefarious S.O.'s actions.

You don't live in the US do you? :laugh:

There's absolutely no reason to be spending an obscene amount of money on an engagement ring.

This is the result of brilliant brain washing brand marketing by advertising.

A simple gold or silver band is sufficient.

Also, from what I've read recently there isn't a huge resale value on it.

Who would want an used engagement ring? It's carrying bad energy.

If any woman questions it, clearly shows her values.

If you can't afford the value of the ring. Don't buy it.

2.50 a gallon

We married shortly after she graduated from college. She was recruited by a Fortune 100 company to be the first female in what had been and all male department. She was just 22 and had a foldout face and body, so I immediately faced an army of OM co-workers, all trying to break down our marriage.

Finding an place to stay turned out to be difficult. We finally found a place through a friend of a co-worker who managed an apartment complex. We shared a bedroom wall with the manager and his wife.

Caught her on a Tuesday kissing a guard where she worked and amongst the crazy ranting cuss words, told her our marriage was over and it was not safe to come home that night.

That Saturday, with the apartment manager's wife out of town, the apartment manager threw a victory party, BBQ, which ended with her drunkenly stripping for her co-workers. I heard it all via the shared bedroom wall.

A couple of weeks later, the managers wife asked if I knew anything about a strange pair of panties she had found behind the couch in her living room. When told the story of what had happened. It was her idea for payback time. She had long been curious as to what was the reason my Ex screamed so loud during sex. That weekend it was her turn to spend the weekend with her sick mother. And instead of leaving Saturday morning, she pretended to leave Friday night. I met her and brought her back to my place. Where I spent the night showing her what made my Ex scream. She too was a screamer. And this time her husband unknowing it was his wife doing the screaming, was pounding on the bedroom wall telling us to quiet down. That only turned us on more.

dated a younger guy I fancied and who treated me really well. But he wanted to move abroad and had big career plans which I did not feel included nor did I want to hold him back, so I let him go. He wasn't all that happy about it, but I never thought he was holding a grudge against me.

A few months later, the guy gets laid off from his fancy company and we end up talking on fb. We see eachother for a drink - I wanted to cheer him up and give him some contacts. He keeps buying me drinks and starts hinting at a future together - I'm talking about future faking and "I love you"s here. He convinced me to have him over at my place, we sleep together, the guy ghosts on me the next day. Turns out he was seeing someone from the moment I've left him - three months later... yup, the guy was in a RS. As far as I know, they still are seeing eachother, one two years later. It sting when I found out, but lesson learnt, crossed legs after 2 glasses of wine :o. Thinking back, really glad it's her and not me, because the guy was really really good at pretending to be a decent person. I got duped one evening, his gf gets duped for the last 2 years.

My exes haven't done anything terrible to me after the breakup.

I get along with each of them even still.

That's just terrible. Who would actively try to hurt anyone, including an ex, like that?

There's absolutely no reason to be spending an obscene amount of money on an engagement ring.

This is the result of brilliant brain washing brand marketing by advertising.

Hear, hear!

I HATE the jewelry industry. I would NOT want a stupid overpriced diamond that loses most its value. Though, if I had one, I would prefer used. That's just good financial sense. The industry exists to guilt people into buying things with no value. I am not a fan of wanton consumerism anyhow, and it just epitomizes that. Actually, I hate the whole wedding complex in this country. It's a bunch of vacuous BS.

The times I have been proposed to it was a mix of rings, alternate more practical expensive engagement gifts, and no engagement gift at all, and it really makes no difference in the proposal. It's just a bauble. I really don't get it, at all. You know what else is shiny? Tin foil. Proposals are supposed to be about love.

One particular guy proposed with a very fancy ring because he was very well to do and felt it was what he "should" do. (I should have known then he didn't "see" me and we were bound to not work out, love or no!) He wouldn't take it back at the end, so I sold it. With an appraisal, I still got about 10% of what it was "worth"/ he paid for it. Ridiculous.

People do seem to get bothered when you don't have a ring. Societal pressure. Luckily, I don't care for that, either.

• Like 1
dated a younger guy I fancied and who treated me really well. But he wanted to move abroad and had big career plans which I did not feel included nor did I want to hold him back, so I let him go. He wasn't all that happy about it, but I never thought he was holding a grudge against me.

A few months later, the guy gets laid off from his fancy company and we end up talking on fb. We see eachother for a drink - I wanted to cheer him up and give him some contacts. He keeps buying me drinks and starts hinting at a future together - I'm talking about future faking and "I love you"s here. He convinced me to have him over at my place, we sleep together, the guy ghosts on me the next day. Turns out he was seeing someone from the moment I've left him - three months later... yup, the guy was in a RS. As far as I know, they still are seeing eachother, one two years later. It sting when I found out, but lesson learnt, crossed legs after 2 glasses of wine :o. Thinking back, really glad it's her and not me, because the guy was really really good at pretending to be a decent person. I got duped one evening, his gf gets duped for the last 2 years.

omg I'm sorry to hear about that - that's terrible behaviour.

You are wonderful person.

Nothing done to me AFTER...besides a crazy ex holding one of my bank accounts in limbo.

Now, where this gets interesting is I have done some awful things to some exes myself. I think they were all deserved...they definitely weren't irrational.

---------------

First time:

A girl I was dating for 10 months decided to leave me after things had gotten passive for a month or so. That's fine. For the first month after she kept coming by to hook up and informed me she broke up to be alone and work on herself.

I find out some time later she, the day after we broke up, moved in with a felon and they had become a couple. In other words, she was probably cheating on me the last month. Then, she cheated on him by continuing to come by my place.

So, I took all the racy photos, texts, and emails she had sent me during that month and forwarded them to her, her boyfriend, and her boyfriend's friends (I knew she was obsessive and probably had his email/fb passwords...she did).

The guy stayed with her, not sure why. In hindsight I probably took it too far. The story isn't over, though. She tried to hook up with me a few months later behind her boyfriend's back again. I threatened to tell him and she backed off. That time I didn't do it.

---------

Second time:

I was dating a girl for 8 months and found out she hooked up with her ex-bf two months in. Now, that was bad enough...but her ex-bf was also married and had an 8-month pregnant wife at the time she hooked up with him behind my back.

So, long-story short her ex-bf is no longer married and the only reason he was able to keep his license to practice medicine (ethics specialization) is because I wanted his checks to go to his ex-wife and newborn baby boy. He doesn't have any custody. I made sure there was enough proof to prove his sex and alcohol addictions (as well as pedophilic tendencies...he was trying to hook up with high-schoolers as well).

--------

Not sure if those make me messed up...but I was just trying to make sure the right people knew about their nefarious S.O.'s actions.

uhh you have some serious revenge issues there.

Try to get back together or reestablish contact with me. I don't take kindly to phishers or desperate men hoping to take another dip in that well.